https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1970 ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 12:47 PM [Tutorial] Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- Hello people, I've should have post it before but due due to some problems I hadn't much time, so today I did it as fast as I could, just hope it not to be so bad. I think it would be a little presumptuous to call it tutorial, I just want to tell you the way I do this, I know that most of the poeple that use Poser 5 or 6 by now allready know how to use the cloth room, but maybe some tip or a single step may be usefull. This first part is about converting dynamic clothes from other characters to Posette (of course it can work with other characters) next (hope time and my job let me do it soon) I'll tell you how I model some clothes for dynamic; and last, when I figure the easyest way, how to tourn these clothes into conforming. Ok lets go ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 12:48 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 01 1 - Load Posette and deselect all inverse kinematics. 2 - select any Posette body part an go to window/Joint Editor 3 - Press Zero Figure ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 12:50 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 02 1 - Load the dinamic dress, I'm usig Juddy evening dress here. 2 - select the dress and go to Object/Change Parent... and make the parent for the dress the universe. ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 12:52 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 03 1 - Now as Juddy is bigger than Posette we need to scale the dress down in x and z axis to fit better her. ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 12:54 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 04 1 - Scale Posette body in x axis to 75% and z to 50% or as necesary as to not to see any poke thru, and translate her in z axis if necesary. ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 12:56 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 05 1 - Now move the animation slider to frame 3 (something betweent 3 and 5 will work but the smalest the frame number the best) 2 - With Posette body selected click on the small little arrow at the top right of the dials window and click on Restore ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:00 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 06 07 08 :lol: 1 - Let's move to the Cloth Room 2 - Create a new simulation 3 - Be shure to set 3 (on your selected frame length) as end frame 4 - check cloth self-collision, and press OK 5 - click on clothify 6 - select the dress and press clothify 7 - Press on Collide Against... 8 - in Current Collision Object Select Posette 9 - Unselect Start draping from zero pose and select Ignore head hand and feet (if your dress afect any if this body part then don unselect) press OK ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:02 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 09 1 - click on New Dynamic Group... 2 - click on Remove all and then click on Add all. ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:04 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 10 1 - click on calculate Simulation... 2 - after a moment you shoud end with a beautifully fited dress on Posette ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:06 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 11 1 - Now let's save our new dynamic dress, allways in frame 3 export the dress as wavefront .obj and in the export options unselect everything 2 - start a new Poser document and load Posette again ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:09 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 12 1 - import your exported obj dress and unselect everything in the import options 2 - parent the dress to posette body 3 - move now to frame 30 (or more, depending on how complex is you pose) and aply your desired pose 4 - repeat the step 06-07-08 :lol: ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:11 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- 13 1 - Now click on Edit Constrained Group... we don't want the dress to fall down, we will tell the simulator where the dress will adjust to the body so it will not fall to Posette feets. 2 - carefully move your view and select the area that will adjust to the body, rotate the view and make yourself shure the vertex all around are selected, close the group editor 3 - Now this would be a good idea to save the dress, go to the Pose room and save the dress as a prop in a new folder. 4 - go back to your Cloth room and run your simulation. ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:16 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- This is what I've got. No postwork in this picture, just a little play with the material room, textures for Nea and hair. this was the base for my last post in the album. ----------------------------------- rayera Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:19 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- Just some recomendations: Don't get scared with the Dynamic Controls to get the fabric you want. I've found that most of the times just Fold Resistance, Shear Resistance, Stretch Resistance and Cloth Density are the most important controls and are self explained, just start experimenting with this values and if you think it's necesary just try the others, by now I allways got the results I wanted without not even considering them. Allways select Smooth Poligons in the render setings, it will make your dress to look much, well, smooth :lol: . Hope it's been useful for somebody, if you have some question please ask, cloth room is a wonderful feature of Poser and most of the time not even considered because there is the false belief it's complex and slow, I've used it in my old AMD Duron 700 MHZ and never had to wait that much. Next I'll try to show you how I model some clothes using all free aplications like wings3d and UVmaper, believe me it's much easyer of what you may think, and the result are very satisfactory. ----------------------------------- melamkish Sunday, 26 February 2006, 01:42 PM ----------------------------------- Excellent work, rayera! This will help me greatly, as I have barely explored the cloth room :thumb: ----------------------------------- Tormie Sunday, 26 February 2006, 02:02 PM ----------------------------------- :clap: :clap: :clap: Yes this is an excellent tutorial rayera !! We have to stick it ! Thank you :hug2: !! ----------------------------------- JanReinar Sunday, 26 February 2006, 05:17 PM ----------------------------------- I agree rayera! It is a great tutorial! :lol: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks! :hug2: ----------------------------------- Visitor Sunday, 26 February 2006, 06:52 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- Thank you. I have been using the cloth room for about a year, and yet, do need more pratice with it. Some of what your wrote is like what I do, some is different. I will have to try your method. ----------------------------------- Moonglow Wednesday, 01 March 2006, 04:03 AM ----------------------------------- Thanks for the tutorial... I can never learn enough. :clap: ----------------------------------- Whazizname Tuesday, 24 April 2007, 01:18 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- Does anyone have any tips that may help this Dynamic Clothing fit to this pose? (The cloth was originally fitted to Victoria4; but I scaled it to fit a highly morphed Victoria3.) I followed he steps in this tut; but I'm wondering if I should use more frames (and more time) for this to drape & settle. (I currently have the simulation set for 30 frames, the pose is on frame 20, and the draping frames are set for 25.) Also, any suggestions about the ideal vertices to add the the "constrained group" would be useful. (: ----------------------------------- Tormie Tuesday, 24 April 2007, 06:16 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- You should post the final result you get from the process. I would begin to fit the dress on the standard pose, export the object and then start again with standard pose on the first frame and final pose on the last (30) , import the obj and start the dynamic dress process again (you should add the ground too). Usually I have to repeat the process many times, adding costrained groups , field forces and magnets to have a good final result, unfortunately the actual tecnology doesn't do it in a click :roll: ... ----------------------------------- Whazizname Tuesday, 24 April 2007, 07:45 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- I waited three hours yesterday for the "draping" to complete; then I aborted it. I waited four hours this morning for the "draping" to complete; then I aborted it, and posted to this forum. {I have used the cloth room before, and never experienced such long processing times.} Between the posting and now, I tried a few experiments with simple squares; and got good results. I've begun to think that I've set the drape frame number too high. I asked about the constrained group because I have not tried a hooded garment before, and hoped that someone here had. {One of my experiments turned out so nicely, that i might post it in the gallery here.} (: ----------------------------------- Whazizname Tuesday, 24 April 2007, 10:18 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- Weee! I figured out what was causing the loong processing;... I had checked all of the cloth collision options. After i unticked most of them, it went about business as usual. As for the constrained group, I selected a small spot on the top of the hood, and the sleeve cuffs (I didn't select enough of one cuff, so I'll have to run another simulation...); and that made the item fit quite well. The pose has the left hand in contact with the left breast; but this was remedied after the simulation, by slight repositioning of the hand. I think in the next simulation, I'll increase the fold resistance a little bit, so the hood retains more of it's original shape. (... or maybe, I'll make the hood into a seperate dynamic group...) Thanks Rayera, for a great tutorial. Thanks Tormie, for your insight. (: ----------------------------------- Tormie Tuesday, 24 April 2007, 10:38 PM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- The result is not bad :) . About constrained groups I do the same, some polys where the dress is not supposed to drop. For the collision options you've to unselect all and select only the parts interested. For the second or third process I "fix" the parts of the dress that come out well with constrained groups. ----------------------------------- Whazizname Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 01:08 AM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- I don't think that I understand what you mean when you say "the second or third process". (: ----------------------------------- Tormie Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 07:26 AM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- Yes, it's the language barrier :redface: I mean that I do the simulation more than once, after the first I save the dress as an obj, then I reimport it and start the simulation the second time with different parameteres like costrained groups zone, air fields etc. to the final result ----------------------------------- Whazizname Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 10:49 AM Re: Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- [quote user="Tormie" post="35545"]Yes, it's the language barrier :redface: I mean that I do the simulation more than once, after the first I save the dress as an obj, then I reimport it and start the simulation the second time with different parameteres like costrained groups zone, air fields etc. to the final result[/quote] Oh, OK; that's what I thought; but I didn't want to assume. Thanks again. (: ----------------------------------- DancingCat Monday, 11 August 2008, 03:52 PM Re: [Tutorial] Dynamic Clothes For Posette ----------------------------------- Thanks so much for this tutorial! I've been trying to work with dynamic cloth but little is ever said about "constrained groups" or "dynamic groups" and how to apply them. :dash: This should help alot! :yeah: ----------------------------------- Tormie Tuesday, 12 August 2008, 12:48 AM Re: [Tutorial] Dynamic clothes for Posette ----------------------------------- :D Welcome DancingCat :welcome: ! ----------------------------------- Posy Tuesday, 12 August 2008, 01:22 AM ----------------------------------- By the way, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?