https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3929 ----------------------------------- A_C_C Friday, 24 February 2017, 10:29 PM Posting Links To The Poser And DAZ Wiki ----------------------------------- I'm one of the contributors to the [url=https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page]Poser and Daz Free Resources Wiki and I would like to know if there is any problems with posting links from there to our Free Stuff. ----------------------------------- ahjah Saturday, 25 February 2017, 01:56 AM Re: Posting Links To The Poser And DAZ Wiki ----------------------------------- Hi A_C_C :friends: Links posted should directly lead to the download site, and no membership to commercial sites should be required. I.e. links to DAZ or RRosity downloads can't be posted because you have to register there. Links to ShareCG i.e. should be o.k. for they don't sell anything. Download sites with free and for sale offers mixed are not allowed here. I hope this clears things up :uuh: :D ----------------------------------- Nik Saturday, 25 February 2017, 02:17 AM Re: Posting Links To The Poser And DAZ Wiki ----------------------------------- Hi ! I've recently frequented that wiki, found it very, very useful. Both the exhaustive alphabetic listing of add-ons and the essential links back-tracing eg clothing textures to the original work have saved me a lot of tedious Googling... I don't know about the legalities, beyond site-closures meaning that a lot of classic fun files have been lost or are now haplessly quarantined. Their enclosed 'ReadMe' may not mention use-conditions, the contact details have long since lapsed and, in DAZ forums' opinion, the wayback machine counts as redistribution, which they consider taboo by default... As a result, my forum pleas for help tracing several classic items' modellers were culled for mentioning the availability of archived files or that I'd found a 'long lost' file on a forgotten slide-mount drive... eg: I'd found a 'mertail' on that old D: drive which allowed completion of an 'Arial-like' figure. But, for legal reasons, specifically the lack of conditions in the ReadMe, I cannot send that .obj to modellers needing it. D'uh... IIRC, this hay have something to do with the back-lash against certain SL modellers' flagrant piracy... ----------------------------------- A_C_C Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:04 PM Re: Posting Links To The Poser And DAZ Wiki ----------------------------------- Erm, sorry, I explained myself badly. I meant that if there is any problem with posting [u]on[/u] the wiki links to the stuff that is [u]here[/u], other than adding a note that registration is required. ----------------------------------- ahjah Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:43 PM Re: Posting Links To The Poser And DAZ Wiki ----------------------------------- :roll: Sorry A_C_C, I might have misunderstood. English isn't my mother tongue, either, and it's been very late... Of course, you can post links to our freebies there, as long as they stay here. The files themselves should not be re-posted on other pages, i.e. all the morphs I made are exclusively for PF members, but of course you can let everybody know about them, and our little site :D :thumb: ----------------------------------- A_C_C Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:52 PM Re: Posting Links To The Poser And DAZ Wiki ----------------------------------- Okay, thanks, and don't worry, English isn't my first language either, and I do dosme big errors from time on time. ----------------------------------- Nik Monday, 27 February 2017, 07:39 PM Re: Posting Links To The Poser And DAZ Wiki ----------------------------------- Between rDNA being swallowed by DAZ, the latter's 'FreePository' vanishing, the former's many freebies 'in limbo', a bunch of aggrieved rDNA merchants taking their business and freebies else-where, *plus* the usual sad January toll of web-sites going '404' or 'Domain for Sale', you have a heap of work ahead...