https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3416&p=41397#p41397 ----------------------------------- Endosphere Saturday, 01 August 2009, 05:38 PM Re: So, You're Still Using Poser 4 ----------------------------------- [font=Arial] [/font][size=12] [/size][color=black] [/color] @Nance Are you having any trouble with Poser 4.03 that you believe would be addressed by a patch and if so, could you elaborate on the trouble? I run Poser 4.03 myself and the only time I ever get an "Out of Memory" error is if I try to load a cr2 that references a missing obj in the runtime\geometries folder. I don't believe that qualifies as an actual bug, but rather just a reaction to an unsolvable problem that Poser doesn't know how to deal with. In other words, the problem is unsolvable without the user intervention of finding the referenced obj file so the cr2 can load. The obj must have existed at one point during the creation of the cr2 or it wouldn't be referenced; and therefore it is the user rather than Poser that has made an error (by moving or deleting the file) and the user who must correct the issue. I actually have the old Poser 4.03 memory update (Poser4MemoryUpdate.exe, dated 4-9-2002, 914kb) that I downloaded years ago, but in all this time I have never actually installed it, and therefore can't say if it solves any problems or not. The reason I never installed it is that I was never satisfactorily able to determine [i]what exactly it is supposed to do[/i] or what alleged problems it is supposed to address, and my philosophy is if it's not broke don't fix it. I looked at the link you provided and after reading the second page describing that fellow's patch I unfortunately don't really understand what his patch is supposed to do either (presumably because I've never noticed any troubles that caused me to say 'hmmm, there ought to be a patch for that.'). Do you know what sort of IP rights issues surround the old Curious Labs patch? It sounds like something you may have researched, and the patch file I have doesn't seem to have a licensing agreement. If you knew more about it and could satisfy the PF mods there aren't any IP issues (or what they are if they exist) I would then be happy to upload the patch file to the PF files area for those that have some reason to believe it would help them. It does seem highly unusual (I did a cursory google) that this trivial and antique patch doesn't seem to be available anywhere except a warez site or two, so what could the so-called 'rights' problem be? Sorry I couldn't be more helpful without more information.