https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3416&p=41449#p41449 ----------------------------------- GrouchoCaesar Monday, 10 August 2009, 10:01 PM Re: So, You're Still Using Poser 4 ----------------------------------- After reading about the tales of Hard Drive woe on this thread, I'm beginning to think my collection of 13 1Tb external drives (from 2 different manufacturers) and a 2Tb NAS box for network storage isnt quite as paranoid as I thought it was... Though it has to be said, I could barely fill 3 of them at the moment. But multiple copies at multiple physical locations do tend to make me a little happier. Then again, I learned the hard way about losing years of work in a minute. About 10 years ago, my flatmate decided to borrow my PC to check out some floppys he's "aquired" from a pal, and STUPIDLY booted from them. Of course, they were virused, and 2 Gb of hard-won downloads, and 12 years of CGI work went to the bit-bucket in a flash. And this was back in the days when (slow) dial-up ruled supreme, and 2 GB was a monstrous amount of space - and almost impossibe to reliabley back up. It still aggravates me thinking about that. Even now, right out of the box, one of my brand-new 1 TB externals started making unhappy noises within minutes of unpacking it. (It says a lot that you can hear a hard-drive head banging away from across the room while you're watching 'The French Connection' in 5.1 surround sound...) I've contacted the store I bought it from and informed them I'm going to run it 'til it fails... then return it.