https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3930&p=44941#p44941 ----------------------------------- Nik Thursday, 02 March 2017, 09:05 PM Re: Poser11 Pro .... A Big Jump From P4 !! ----------------------------------- Had a hunt around with Google... Seems there are two types of self-installing exe files. Some have a 'bundled' front end you may by-pass with an un-zip program, either as-is or by first renaming the .exe to .zip. These are now rare due to this ease of by-pass. Those with a 'binary' front-end are much more secure. They cannot be by-passed without decompilation, which is not only non-trivial, but breaches the 'terms & conditions'. Worse, some will *insist* on being installed in Poser's own runtime, typically on C: drive. However, IIRC, they may then be copy/pasted --NOT 'drag/drop' moved !!-- to an external runtime... Uh, Poser's preference for having 'premium' stuff on C: drive was one reason I went back to a C: HDD instead of my planned SSD. My external runtimes will still be on RAID D:. I'm fitting a 'hot swap' SATA slide-mount to allow CAD back-ups independent of our Synology NAS box. Be a few months before I can afford a big enough WD 'black' drive...