https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3933&p=44963#p44963 ----------------------------------- Nik Monday, 10 April 2017, 02:52 AM Re: Online 3DS, OBJ, STL Viewer. ----------------------------------- Make that really, Really, REALLY useful. Have now spent umpteen hours trying to untangle a vast downloads directory that some-how collected ~3500 files, a ghastly mix of ZIP, '7', RAR, JPGs & PNGs... I think I downloaded most of these while VERY ill with 'flu this Spring... Now the thing about SCG & R**y freebies is that their ZIP files have a name of sorts, but the piccies have numbers. So, how do you match them ?? After some thought, and having twin screens, I put that directory sorted by type on one screen, sorted by date on the other. At least this put many downloads from the each session adjacent... Then it became a question of creating new sub-directories for each freebie, prefixed alien, bad (*), boat, bomb, bottle, box, coffin, drum, FX, gun, jar, set (**), tech, truck, vase, zoo etc etc... Grab some 'low hanging fruit' and multi-packs first, then just grind through, hour after hour... I've just managed to get the directory's file-count down below 2000, and the filing system is running *much* faster... Upside, I've collected a lot of duplicates; either I was dozy, or I got the same freebie from both SCG & R**y. I just shove those in with their 'twin'. Many others, I had to put in a sub-directory, unzip and inspect their OBJs. Workflow was significantly helped by the online viewer. Sadly, it is not quite clever enough to unpack & view an OBJ dragged from a zipped file... == *) Bad: uptie stuff, a heroine's occupational hazard. **) Set: film-set as-is, or sundry props to populate it...