https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3930&p=45008#p45008 ----------------------------------- Nik Sunday, 16 July 2017, 07:12 PM Salvaging A Swathe Of 'Classic' Freebies... ----------------------------------- I've been sorting the many, many zips I'd salvaged from old CAD Tower, discovered many were 'broken'. Of course, most of these are no longer available on rDNA, SCG or R**y. Or, worse, on 'WayBack Machine', since they began honouring 'No Re-Distribute' flags... I was searching my archive for a spare zip of PhilC's classic 'Genie' outfiit --Now retired, he's closed his Freebie area-- when I had a stroke of luck. Windows' search threw up a bunch of his stuff installed in a *secondary* back-up copy of my old P3's busy runtime. Poser 3 ? Oh, yeah, the freebie off a cover-disk that got me started with Poser... There wasn't just PhilC's 'Dynamic Genie'. That P3 Runtime held a fun zoo, including Teppan's *entire* 'Race Queen' set from before the lawyers culled it, Poism's superb Medusa, a small mountain of props etc etc etc... I'm sat there thinking, "How on earth do I extract these dozens and dozens of sub-sub directories, match up their geometries, textures, props, characters etc etc etc...." Okay, I've not been sleeping well due family illness, so the solution took much, much too long to dawn... I DO NOT need to untangle them. I just have to copy that Runtime to some-where handy, delete P3's bundled files, point Poser 11 at their top directory as an external RunTime... D'uh... FWIW, I've found a neat Freebie on SCG called 'Prop Viewer #3'. This can *usually* read and display OBJ, 3DS, HR2 and any CR2 with internal geometry. It can twirl meshes, show wire-frame or skinned, back-culled or not, with/out simple textures etc. Its other neat trick is to export the view as a BMP. No faffin' about with {Shift}PrtSc. I've been using this option plus {free} IrfanView to create folder.jpg files for zips. 'Prop Viewer' is NOT clever enough to auto-find a CR2's 'external geometry', but that's no big deal. One oddity is some really old CR2 files show with all the groups lumped into one central mess. When I've the energy, I might try a third-party OBJ stripper on those...