https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3921&p=45240#p45240 ----------------------------------- JonathanGlenn Tuesday, 15 January 2019, 01:04 PM Re: Thoughts About Poser 10 ?? ----------------------------------- [quote user="EdwardWood" post="45171"][quote user="Nik" post="44980"]Everything seemed settled until I tried to create USB 'recovery sticks'. Though this older PC is 8.1 and CAD Tower is 10, they're both x64. Famously, their recovery drive exceeds 16 GB. So, I set to work with a pre-used SanDisk 32 GB. To my surprise, it was not recognised. I bought a new SanDisk 32 GB 'blade'. It ran, but failed. Some googlin' found me later, it seams that Windows will do that if something interrupts the 'save', ESPECIALLY if you have ticked the 'system files' box. Just try again... This time, it ran, but claimed there were 23 GB free of 29 capacity. Only 6 used. Nonsense, surely ?? I tried again, now in a case-rear mobo port rather than a front-case 2nd-tier port. Same happened. Seems it *may* be due to SanDisk setting some bit in their stick firmware to tell Win8 systems that device is an actual drive, but it confuses the recovery creator tool so only the utilities get saved... If I cannot figure this, I'll just have to buy several 'generic' 32 GB sticks from local supermarket...[/quote] This is strange. I've been using SanDisk sticks for creating USB 'recovery sticks' for a long time. And everything works fine. But my system configuration is different. i5 with 16GB and Win7.[/quote] Yes, any USB stick would have worked. The original poster has updated the thread. The Sandisk stick was working fine, only 6GB was required to create a recovery stick.