https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4010&p=45467#p45467 ----------------------------------- Nik Friday, 25 September 2020, 07:08 PM Re: Re-Organizing Runtime Libraries ----------------------------------- I have the barest minimum of 'stuff' in the 'live' Poser run-time on C:, mostly the version bundle, plus a few fun models and figures. And, yes, some retro 'exe' stuff that *had* to un-pack into full Poser tree. I link external libraries for projects, un-link when done. One reason is I lost my rather tangled C: P_4 run-time to a PC mega-crash. 'All Eggs, one basket, never again...' Another reason is even P_11's library system leaves a lot to be desired. Third, no internal library system could hope to cope with my now-vast collection of 'stuff'. On E:, I've a near-terabyte zoo of 'external libraries'. 'Sorted' holds lots of neatly numbered category folders for props & sets: 0_FX, 0_parts, 0_prims ... 2_go_bang, 2_go_fly ... 2_hold_gun, 2_hold_weapon ... 6_terrain, 6_underground. 'Sorted' also holds many naturally alphabetic folders with 'figures and their clothes'. eg A3, A3_MMset, A4, Bots_Borgs_Bare, Bots_Borgs_Clad, Ghosts_Mummies, Girl_4 etc etc via Other_folk, Others_clad etc, through P4F, P4M etc to Zoo and Zoo_alien. And then there's the sprawling 'WIP', which is mostly arranged by where / how / why I found it. A lot is 'ready to use' by linking as an external library. Much requires import as OBJ or FBX, often ripped from DS, MMD, XPS/Lara or PSK.. When P_12 shows up, hopefully with much improved FBX 'rig' import, I plan to re-work a lot of models. I've also got an interesting collection of models I'm trying to learn to 'rig'. That currently on hold, as my bank, Yahoo and PayPal, among others, are pressing me to do 2FA via SMS. As there are NO BARS at or near my desk, and scant few within time-out distance, I've had to get a 4G Router and tether it remotely in a window that gets enough bars for SMS. First brand, which I'll term 'WigWam', turned out to have a firmware problem which meant it would not display SMS messages per the specification and 100++pp manual. They've been battling this bug for a full year, but each beta-released fix breaks something else. You may imagine my language when I found their forum thread, 170++ posts of hapless misery... :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: Anyhow, the wonky 'WigWam' has gone back to Amazon, refund put towards a similar, but ~50% more expensive model from rival brand. Which I've yet to tackle... :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: