Clothing Problems

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

#31  fosterscreations 14 Apr 2006 05:03

What I have found is sometimes I have to apply the pose to the dress as well as the figure. Not all the time but sometimes.

usa.png fosterscreations Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#32  Tormie 15 Apr 2006 22:04

You should be more specific fostercreations, however there are a lot of techniques about dresses and how to fit them to the specific body shape of the model, the most common is "conforming". If a dress is made for a specific model it can be dresses with the "conform to" command to the body of the model. But if you change the basic shape of the model you've to od the same with the dress and it could become a big problem. Software that partially solves it are thing (not free) like "the tailor". Another technique is to conform the dress to the body and then create your own morphs or using magnets to let it fits to the body.

Another technique is to pose the dress on the body and then make corrections, this is what you've done applying the same body's pose to the dress. Then you've to correct ti the same way maybe with magnets.

The third way is to use dynamic clothes, available from version 5 and 6 of Poser, with a special technique (well described in our forums too) the colth will fit to the body automatically, even if corrections are needed in this case too...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#33  fosterscreations 15 Apr 2006 23:22

They were having trouble with clothing not moving with a pose and I was just saying that sometimes when I use conforming clothes even when I use the conform to figure it still doesn't move when I pose the figure so I just then pose the figure, select the dress and apply the same pose to the dress. It works for me for now anyways.

Magnets totally confuse me as does Dynamic clothes most of the time. I am slowly getting the hang of things.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#34  Tormie 15 Apr 2006 23:34

I think that the problem is the knowledge of the software and the commands foster, if the cloth is made specifically for a character it has to move with it if you conformed the dress to the body, except if it has "special parts", for example some gown had the lower part with a different name , in that cae you'll have to pose only this part. Dynamic clothes worth to spend some time learnig them, there is a nice tutorial fro rayera in the forum

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#35  melamkish 16 Apr 2006 00:00

You may be doing this already, but after conforming the dress to your figure, make sure that you select the figure, and then body.  I sometimes have recloth and reconform a character, but only seems to happen with certain clothing. There is one evening dress (a freebie) that comes pre-posed, and it has to be zeroed before using it.

But use whatever seems to work.   

Dynamic clothing... another thing to learn.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#36  Tormie 16 Apr 2006 06:12

Maybe you could attach some pictures to explain the problem foster.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#37  fosterscreations 17 Apr 2006 05:05

I wish I could but I don't remember which one I was having that trouble with. Next time I have the problem I will remember to save some pics to post.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#38  pangor 30 Apr 2006 04:04

Also there is morphing clothing.  It is conforming clothing that also contains the morphs to match the morphs of the model tehy are made for.  If this is the kind you are working with first it has to be conformed to the model wearing it, then you do have to set the morph settings of the clothing to match the settings of the same morphs of the model.  If the clothing morphs is properly named, you can use the same MOR pose file to set the clothing morphs.

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts New Clothing ahjah The Toys Box 3 01 Aug 2003 01:39 View latest post
mosca
No new posts Freebie clothing Whazizname Interesting links 4 20 Sep 2008 20:21 View latest post
Nik
No new posts Clothing For Posette Marv Forgotten Posette & Dork stuff 24 21 Jun 2007 06:01 View latest post
Chromium
No new posts Clothing Textures Eshal Forgotten Posette & Dork stuff 2 18 Jan 2013 16:37 View latest post
Chromium
No new posts Clerical clothing for P4 Man? milbankjv The Dork's garage 2 24 Jul 2005 19:35 View latest post

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3