Clothing Problems

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

#16  jenxi 20 May 2005 17:25

This is my first post here! Hello everyone. I have clothing problems too. I'm using Poser 6, Mayadoll and I'm trying to make her wear the miniskirt made by Mr. Maya. It fits alright at all parts, execpt for the hips. The hips overlaps the skirt and sticks out. I tried conforming the skirt to the model but it doesn't work. Any ideas anyone? I'm pretty new to Poser, still exploring the program

jenxi Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 40
Lemons 20
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  Tormie 20 May 2005 18:35

Hi Jenxi and welcome to posetteforever   ! Do you have a picture of what happens with that skirt?

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#18  pangor 20 May 2005 22:30

Hello and welcome, jenxi

This is a common problem with all of the Poser figures and conforming clothing.  It even has a name "poke throughs" and "pokies".  Depending on the situation and your skils and resources there are various methods that can help.  Some that I can think of are.

[list=1:6459af575f]
[*:6459af575f]One is to use dial setting, magents or custom morphs to alter the clothing or the human figure just enough to be compatible with the other.  

[*:6459af575f]Another is to purchse a copy of the tailor program.

[*:6459af575f]There is a PoserPython script that is supposed to help in such cases, I have not tried it yet.

[*:6459af575f]If the bodypart in question is not ortherwise visible in the scene make it invisible.  For example if the clothing should competly her hip, make it invisible and although it still poeks through, the skit will appear normal.

[*:6459af575f]Make corrections during portwork.
[/list:o:6459af575f]

Here are three recent cases where I have dealt with this problem and how I solved it.

In this case the clothing was made for Posette; however, Virgina is a character that I derived from Posette and her body forms is just different enough to case a problem with Posette clothing.  The slacks had a slight poke through problem because of her different shape hips.  The hips were made invisible.  The blouse had a more serious problem, there were poke through  involving her sholders, abdomen, and clavicle.  They were each made transparent.
http://posetteforever.com/showphoto.php?photo=2223

This time the the problem was not so pronounced however, if left uncorrected it would have required nudity warnings in some galleries.  There were some minor problems with the hips, but they were on the side of the figure that is not visible in the picture so I left them alone.  The more sersious problem had to do with her brests.  Virgina has a more petite porportion and natural shape, but the suit was designed for the standard Posette figure; meaning that her breasts were showing through below the area of the suit that would otherwise accomodate them.  I turned off the custom morphs returning her to the proportions in that area back to those of the standard Posette model.
http://posetteforever.com/showphoto.php?photo=2289

This dress conformed itself quite nicely to her custom forms, only a slight modification the the dials controling the custom morphs and all seemed to be well.  After rendering, I discovered that there had been several poke throughs.  Both of her thighs were partly visible one knee and the other shin was also partily visible.  And there was a sersious mesh crack in the dress itself.  Each of these were taken care of in postwork by painting thedress color over body parts that had poked through, and the mesh crack as well.
http://posetteforever.com/showphoto.php?photo=2291

Pangor

pangor 

#19  jenxi 21 May 2005 07:09

Thanks for the replies.

The skirt is made for the model but somehow the hips of the skirt is smaller than that of the model. I tried using the dials but it ended up looking weird. I'll post a pic of the skirt soon.

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 40
Lemons 20
hearts 0

#20  jenxi 23 May 2005 12:22

Maybe I'm just too fresh to this program. My green fingers can't seem to work the dials right. I tried and it ended up looking weird. It's supposed to be made for the figure but the waist of the skirt is smaller than the figure's waist. Any suggestions?

Here's how the problem looks like.

[img:23766b047c]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/jayax/Poser.jpg[/img:23766b047c]

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 40
Lemons 20
hearts 0

#21  jenxi 23 May 2005 12:33

Oh, I managed to get this. LOL. I hope it looks better :P
Amatuer at work

[img:021caad1a0]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/jayax/untitled1.jpg[/img:021caad1a0]

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 40
Lemons 20
hearts 0

#22  pangor 23 May 2005 16:51

Looks good

Pangor

pangor 

#23  Tormie 24 May 2005 21:24

Yes, very good :drool2:   !

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#24  pangor 01 Jun 2005 21:09

I was doing thinking about this poke though problem.  Shortly after my last previous comment in this discussion, I saw a similar problem that Claywoman was having in one of her works.  In that case it was a rather minor problem but possibly sensitive area.  Well, ok, a part of the model's breast was only barely poking through her costume.  It could eaisly be solved by the use of a magent or using another custom morphing method to adjust the garment.  Sometimes this method can create additional problems depending on the situation.

For such a minor case, if it was discovered after the production render, I would have taken care of it during postwork, except that in this case it would have been very difficult to fix it during postwork without creating undesireable artifacts.  Had I detected such a situation when still working on the scene, I would have slightly adjusted the size or adjust the location with a lean, gravity or swing style morph if it was available.

Then wondering what if the model in question had none of the needed morphs and I did not want to or could not create one and none of the other methods so far mentioned in this discussion could be used.  The solution that I fell back on is making the offending body part invisible.  But what if doing so with the visibility setting would leave too much of the model's body invisible?

Consider for example such a problem when working with a Posette dressed in a lowcut evening dress such as betty is wearing in Portrait of Betty.  Making the chest invisible, would take care of the problem but would make her look like she in the line up in "Stand for Inspection".

Solution, make a transmaps for the model's body all white (visible) with the area of the poke through painted black (invisible) and apply it to the model skin texture.  Turn on visibility while working on the scene and then when your are ready to render the scene, alter the texture to use the transmap for visibility setting for the model.  This can work when rendering in Poser and also with other programs such as bryce that can use transmaps.

Pangor

pangor 

Post Re: Clothing Problems

#25  fosterscreations 05 Apr 2006 05:30

My clothing problem is with the dynamic cothing that comes with P5. I want to make the P5 Evening Dress 3 a different color. I found the texture .jpg and made it the color I needed then I load my figure. Apply the dress but it is still the same orginal color. What am I doing wrong?

usa.png fosterscreations Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#26  Tormie 05 Apr 2006 07:17

Probably you've to point to the new jpg for the texture, or if you've overwritten the original one the cases are 2: you should have modified the wrong one or there are 2 textures with the same name in different directories. However you can check the path in the material room

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#27  fosterscreations 05 Apr 2006 13:48

Thanks I will check for duplicate copies of the same file. The original texture file was called P5WomanEveningDress1_2.jpg and is located
C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 5RuntimetexturesPoser 5 TexturesCloth TexturesP5Woman

so I opened it in PSP) is a bitmap graphics editor for computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system that was originally published by Minneapolis-based Jasc Software. In October 2004, Corel Corporation bought out Jasc software">paint shop pro and changed the color and saved it as
P5WomanEveningDress1_2a.jpg and that didn't work so saved it as P5WomanEveningDress1_3.jpg and then went to the materials room and pointed to that file for the texture and it still stayed the same color as P5WomanEveningDress1_2.jpg.

I did a search and there is only one copy of P5WomanEveningDress1_2.jpg.

thanks,
Shannon

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#28  melamkish 06 Apr 2006 02:42

I have barely tried dynamic clothing, but as far as textures go, are you talking about preview mode or after a render.  Sometimes you may have to play around with the difuse, ambient and other color settings to get the proper results.  You may already know, that setting up your lighting can affect colors.  Poser 6 like to default to different colors every time I create a new light. Really throws things off, so I set every light to white until I want some accent coloring.  Not sure about P5, but the lighting colors should work the same way.

Another thing you can look at in the material room, just to be sure, is check each part of the dress for proper texture application.  The preview material setting generally affects the preview window and not render results.  Make sure each part of the dress is assigned the texture you want to use.  For example, let's suppose the dress is split into different geometry groups for morphing the hips, bust, skirt, etc.  Although the entire dress may use only one texture jpg, the texture map needs to be applied to each part of the dress.  

I have found this to be the case when completely changing a Posette texture.  The eyes, teeth, head, body etc are each called out in the material room under the figure's body, and each has to point to the texture map I want to use.  A bit tedious, but required to change the entire map.

Hope this helps a bit.  Maybe you can expand on what and how you have tried to do and we can help find a solution.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#29  fosterscreations 06 Apr 2006 05:15

I feel like such a Dork. I had changed the texture for the preview not the dress.... UGGHH...I will eventually get this all figured out.

I have had several people mention lights. I am still so new to Poser 5 what do you mean by lights?

thanks,
Shannon

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#30  pangor 06 Apr 2006 07:54

With out lights the entire scene would be black, light works in Poser scenes as a simulation of you it works in teh real world.  You can create multiple lights for the scene, each can be an infinite light or a spotlight.

In the box with the dial that you use to change the model's poses and morphs (proportions and shape) there is a little arrow at then top (a downward pointing triangle) Click on it ant there will be a list of catagories of items in the scene, one of those is "Lights"  From a submenu from that meny, you can select any one of the lights in the scene and then it will be availbe to be modified in that box with its own dials.  You can control the color, position, and brightness of the light any a number of other settings.  The color of the lights will affect the color that the objects appear to be.

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts New Clothing ahjah The Toys Box 3 01 Aug 2003 01:39 View latest post
mosca
No new posts Clothing Textures Eshal Forgotten Posette & Dork stuff 2 18 Jan 2013 16:37 View latest post
Chromium
No new posts Clerical clothing for P4 Man? milbankjv The Dork's garage 2 24 Jul 2005 19:35 View latest post
No new posts Freebie clothing Whazizname Interesting links 4 20 Sep 2008 20:21 View latest post
Nik
No new posts Clothing For Posette Marv Forgotten Posette & Dork stuff 24 21 Jun 2007 06:01 View latest post
Chromium

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next