Hexagon2

Page 1 of 1

Post Hexagon2

#1  tonyb42 29 Apr 2006 01:51

I just broke down and bought Hexagon2 [edited by Tormie]. I'd been doing some research into that and LW but my low budget kept me on the "just Looking" list. [edited by Tormie]

So far I like what I see! The UI is intuitive (as in Wings3D which I currently use) I've been muddling through the manual and the tutorials and it looks like a very powerful program indeed. The learning curve doesnt seem too bad, and as I said, the UI is intuitive and easy to work in. Over time, I hope to move on from making static models, to making figures and conforming clothing.

From what I've learned so far, operations like extrusions can be done VERY fast and with the right keyboard shortcuts, the extrusion shape and scale and direction can be done on the fly ... I was giggling when I saw that lil trick!

Anyway, I wanted to pass this along and see if anyone else has ever used hexagon and if you've got some tips, or tuts to tell me!

Cheers

tonyb42 Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 110
Lemons 153
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  rayera 29 Apr 2006 02:14

I have Exagon 1, I'm allways searching "the perfect" modeler for me    but after trying and trying one and another, I end doing my stuff in Wings3D, for more sophisticated and  full of features the aplicantions are, I allways find something in Wings3D that's not in that software. I've been modeling dinamics clothes, by now it's more easy for my doing it in Wings, and for morph targets Zbrush is unbeatable.
By the way,I have plans to make a tutorial about modeling dynamics in Wings now that I've solved some problems.
Sorry not to be more helpfull about Exagon, I have it instaled yet in my PC and from time to time I open it and play for some time, but never get quite confortable with it, something I really agree with you is how easy is to extrude move and scale with the universal handler, and the simetry feature become very easy to model organic shapes, more easy became with the suport for graphic tablets, I have a modest Genius Wizard Pen and it works very good with it.

Ah!, maybe the others friend have allready say you wellcome to PF, but I've been out for sometime, so Wellcome Tony and hope you enjoy this place as I do  

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#3  pangor 29 Apr 2006 05:33

Rayera, we can never have too many welcomes.  Also, I am looking forward to your Wings3D tutorial.

pangor 

#4  tonyb42 29 Apr 2006 05:50

I'm also looking forward to your Wings tutorial rayera   I'm a firm believer that the learning curve goes on forever ... thats one of the things that makes these forums so grand. We literaly have global knowledge and expereince to share and I've found with time and practice, my skill gets better. The neat thing for me, is that when I get better, I like to pass on the techniques to others. I also enjoy getting feedback on work ... often I get great tips just from having another persons perspective in viewing my art.

I've been playing around with Hexagon all night (I'm seeing blocks everywhere!
   ) and I think in a week or so I'll have a good working grasp on it. The funny thing is that I can see myself going to Wings3D often as I'm comfortable with that program (I'm very happy with what I've created in Wings thus far)

Many thanks for the welcome! I've only been here about a week now, but I feel very much at home. As things here on the home front wind down, I'll be putting up some tutorials of my own (bryce, PSP and Poser).

Cheers!

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 110
Lemons 153
hearts 0

#5  Tormie 30 Apr 2006 08:22

Hi friends, I thought about this thread and I had to edit the first post, I'm sorry but you know that advertising of commercial products is a nono on PF that is focused on freebies, this even if the product is an offer.

No problem tonyb42, you're new here and maybe you've not yet watched our TOS.
I'm sorry I hope that it won't offend you

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  tonyb42 30 Apr 2006 15:02

No worries Tormie I hardly ever get offended (I've been married over 24 years and have a teenage daughter ... thus, nothing bothers me   ) Serioulsy though, I appologize for any TOS violations ... purely unintentional. To make up for it, I'm going to model a few things (in hexagon ... lol) to put up as freebies here.

Actualy, I've already started on something and it looks good so far. It's a robotic arm ... I did a draft of sorts and rigged it in Poser and the neat thing ... it worked!!!!! My first posable prop! I have alot of tweaks to do to it, and I still need to come up with a texture scheme. It should be ready in a week or so I think.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 110
Lemons 153
hearts 0

#7  Tormie 30 Apr 2006 18:50

No problem Tony, sometimes is hard for the staff too to remember our "philosophy"   ... I want to see that arm   !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: Hexagon2