Turning Off Parameter Dial Settings?

Page 1 of 1

Post Turning Off Parameter Dial Settings?

#1  jwarndt 02 Feb 2014 18:11

This is making my work impossible. Every time I try to use parameter dials this box pops up, making me click "cancel." Then IMMEDIATELY it pops up again as soon as I try turnng the dial. It's been getting more and more like that for a while, but today it has ground my work to a halt. I don't know if I've somehow lost the necessary agility to manipulate it or whether there's just something wrong with my settings, but I'd like to know if there's any way I could simply turn it OFF.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

PS sorry for the redundant image. I can't figure out how to make it go away.

blank.gif jwarndt Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Turning Off Parameter Dial Settings?

#2  Chromium 02 Feb 2014 20:13

It happens to me when I'm being too quick.

If you open up your control panel in windows, find your mouse settings, Then in your mouse settings reduce the double click speed. That should slow it down, though if you get too slow you'll not have the double clicking speed you're used to for general windows work, so experiment a little with the speed settings first.

Hope I didn't rush this reply, like I did the last, I really should go back to tidy my typos.

Edit: explanation

It's the action of selecting the dial (think first click to select), then selecting again to turn the dial (think double click), and that window pops up. Some times it feels like there is no feed back on selection, so you do it again, or you already selected but you then clicked again for whatever reason. Either way the window will pop up as it is meant to, but by slowing down the double click response you should see it less when the window pops up in your face like that.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

Last edited by Chromium on 02 Feb 2014 20:20; edited 1 time in total 
gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#3  ahjah 02 Feb 2014 20:36

Hi John
Thanks Amish. I couldn't have said it better
I'm experiencing delayed mouse response in Poser since the early days This may cause unwanted double clicks on click and drag. I don't have a solution though...

P.S.: I deleted your "echo pic"

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#4  Chromium 02 Feb 2014 23:57

I'm pushing slow hardware and I know if I have too much in my scene, things are slow to respond.

So the real solution is the hardware, not just the memory of the PC, or the GPU, but the speed.

You have the scene in RAM, so it's not memory so much. Some GPU cards have a better through put and can handle data quicker giving you a snappy response.

I suppose much like the last question the ultimate answer is hardware, and the GPU mostly.

However here we don't all have unlimited funds to discuss hardware so we look at other measures first. Plus it's insulting.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#5  jwarndt 04 Feb 2014 03:48

Chromium wrote: [View Post]
It happens to me when I'm being too quick.

If you open up your control panel in windows, find your mouse settings, Then in your mouse settings reduce the double click speed. That should slow it down, though if you get too slow you'll not have the double clicking speed you're used to for general windows work, so experiment a little with the speed settings first.

Hope I didn't rush this reply, like I did the last, I really should go back to tidy my typos.

Edit: explanation

It's the action of selecting the dial (think first click to select), then selecting again to turn the dial (think double click), and that window pops up. Some times it feels like there is no feed back on selection, so you do it again, or you already selected but you then clicked again for whatever reason. Either way the window will pop up as it is meant to, but by slowing down the double click response you should see it less when the window pops up in your face like that.

Thanks Chromium, I'll try that.

blank.gif jwarndt Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Dial Up Whines winter200 Whip The Admins... 7 29 May 2004 14:09 View latest post
JanReinar
No new posts PMX Morph To Poser Morph Dial. Nik 3D Nightmares... Or... The little sculptor 3 16 Mar 2022 04:50 View latest post
rico

Page 1 of 1