Green side up

Page 1 of 1

Post Green side up

#1  pangor 08 Oct 2005 17:16

You may have already heard one of the many variations of the green side up joke, this is the first version I heard of it:

A women was having her home remodeled and her yards relandscaped.  As she and the contrator were doing a walk through of the house, she was telling him what colors she wanted each room painted.  "This one a nice pastel green along the ceiling, with a baby blue for the walls", the contractor opens a window and yells, "Green side up!".  "This room eggshell walls, powder blue ceiling and softgreen trim.", the contractor opens another window and yells, "Green side up!"  This is repeated in each room, no matter what colors she selects he yells out of the nearest window "Green side up!".  She became irritated at how he seemed to be ignoring her wished and issuing instructions for every room to have a green top side.  "What is the matter with you?  Everything I say you ignore and change it to 'Green side up.'".  "Oh no mame, I heard everything you told me.  Today we are laying sod and my crew are all univerity graduates."  "So?"  "So, I have to keep reminding them which side of the sod need to be turned up to face the sun."

Some one who used to live in the neighborhood was having trouble growing a lawn in his back yard.  One day when he was telling me about his failure,  from his description of the problem it thought there might be a problems with water drainage or soil chemistry in his yard.  I gave him some suggestions, next time I saw him he told me that he had planted a new lawn and hoped that is would survive this time, I learned that he was using sod rather than planting from seed.  When I saw his backyard, I turned to him and asked, "Is that how you have been laying it?"  "Yes"  "There is your problem, have been laying it upside down.  When do you lay this?"  "Yesterday."  "But this side does not look good either, it is almost all dead. Did you buy it looking like this?"  "Yes" "Why?"  "It was the cheaper, all this cost me less than 10% of the orther kind."  "Was the other kind, green?"  "Yes, but it cost to much."

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 08 Oct 2005 18:25

Oh my Lord   !!!

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  JanReinar 08 Oct 2005 20:21

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Posette As A Litttle Green Extraterrestrial jwarndt Videos and Animations 3 04 Jun 2013 23:14 View latest post
Chromium

Page 1 of 1