A must have: the JPconverter

Article
Post A must have: the JPconverter 

I'm watching the gallery and saw the comments on JanReinar "Lisa" about the Posette's Joint parameters. We talked about the topics months ago if I'm not wrong and perhaps someone else posted the link (maybe Thilda ?). However look at this page and download the jpconverter.

http://www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/OtherTool.html

(the link to the download is the missing picture on the left side, there is the usual red "missing picture" cross, click there).

It's really a "must have" and it works on clothes too if I'm not wrong. I've forgotten this useful and simple utility for years using postwork *sigh*

This is the "readme" text:

[i:20701c2ce9]Joint Parameter converter

I love Poser characters but don't like their broken elbows and hip when I bend them.
So when I made my characters (NeneLite, Linlin, Ranran, Miyou and Cancan), I adopted the improved joint parameter system that was based on Frederic's excellent work.
This JP can make elbows and hips less breakage than P4 default (even than Vicky, I think).
But I have been worried that my characters can not wear any P4 clothes neatly because of this JP!
I decided to solve this problem by pz2.

The 4 pz2 can convert Yamato Model's Jp to P4 default, and convert P4 JP to Yamato Model's.

(1)put all into Poser4/runtime/Libraries/pose/any folder
(2)open cr2 or pz3. Select the target figure.
(3)select pz2 and click

caution ! After open cr2 or pz3, Select character first !

JP converter pz2s are effective for Nene Lite, Linlin431,Ranran441,Cancan442,Miyou442.

P4JP.pz2 convert Yamato model's full body joint parameters to P4 default.
TopP4JP.pz2 convert upper parts to P4 default. Hip remains as Yamato's.
BottomJP.pz2 convert Hip and lower parts to P4 default. Elbows remain as Yamato's.

LinlinJP.pz2 re-convert P4's full body JP to Yamato's JP.

ECM channels (Bendhip, Mod Head, Superheroine and others) will be protected from pz2s.[/i:20701c2ce9]

Just try them on a Posette   and see the difference. I tested it also on Posette clones (Eve) and it doesn't work, can you make some test and tell us the results ?

Last edited by Tormie on 30 Mar 2005 14:16; edited 1 time in total 
 Tormie [ 30 Mar 2005 14:12 ]

Comments
My favorite show is Star Trek.

Posy [ 30 Mar 2005 14:13 ]
Thank you !        WoW it took me a lot of time to find the download button.     

erenda [ 30 Mar 2005 14:33 ]
i used jpkonverter on nea in my latest image in the gallery. In the image (called alien faerie she sits with very bent knees.

TdaC [ 30 Mar 2005 14:43 ]
Yep, I remember that you already posted the link Thilda, but there are users that don't know these utilities yet so I'm thinking of posting some sticky messages as reminders...

Everyone can do the same for an utility or trick

Tormie [ 30 Mar 2005 14:47 ]
yeah, that's a good idea!

TdaC [ 30 Mar 2005 14:51 ]
I hear you. Thanks.  Next question?

Posy [ 30 Mar 2005 14:51 ]
That is where to find it!  I have read of it before, in fact I have come been to that page a few times.  But for some reason, I didn't find the download link.  I had thought the link was elsewhere or nolonger available.  Now I have just downloaded it.

Thank you both!

Pangor

pangor [ 30 Mar 2005 18:25 ]
Thanks Davide!            

JanReinar [ 30 Mar 2005 19:43 ]
Thanks for the reminder
This is a premium tool
I´m using it for all of my Posettes for quite a while now.
Only one problem appears, if the values for the scaling of hip and thigh differ to much.
I.e., hip y scaling 100% and thighs y 75% will get your Posy some kind of bermudas

Last edited by ahjah on 31 Mar 2005 00:41; edited 1 time in total 
 ahjah [ 31 Mar 2005 00:40 ]
Oh.  Oh don't mention it.  What about the other ones?

Posy [ 31 Mar 2005 00:40 ]
Quote:

Oh. Oh don't mention it. What about the other ones?

Tormie [ 31 Mar 2005 02:10 ]
About time I tried this out...  

Ozymandias Jones [ 31 Mar 2005 03:43 ]
It's a great tool! I have this link on NEA's read me, I suggest there to use thopse poses with Nea it works with her great too!

PitKlad [ 01 Apr 2005 20:31 ]
This will take you direcly to the DL site:
http://www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/Download/

( the file might be more easy to find like this )

ahjah [ 24 Dec 2005 18:39 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next