Wardrobe Wizard Vs Cross-Dresser...

Page 18 of 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Go to page   

Post Another Torn Knees...

#256  Nik 21 Jul 2008 00:18

Surprisingly, Hisayan's Kaijou set's A3 Aiko and NearMe pants tore exactly the same way as the Shukky's A3 Workwear when converted for Posette.

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Raven's Ruunpe For A3...

#257  Nik 21 Jul 2008 00:25

Posette auditioned well for the local Theatre Club's Mikado.

This is the Ruunpe for A3 by Raven, plus shoes from Hisayan's Kaijou set for A3, NearMe etc, plus Mylochka's LadyJane hair in lieu of 'real' Geisha wig.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post More From Raven's Tullugaq Factory...

#258  Nik 21 Jul 2008 22:50

Three nice garments...

The pants, shoes and top of "Beizu for Aiko3" converted first time, conformed well. Tiny quibble: C-D 'lost' one pixel behind each knee joint...

The lovely 'Marmaid Dress for P5F Judy' fits Posette like an opera glove. This render does not do justice to the delicate layering and detailing.

The timeless 'Kimono for WapiPu' fits so well but, as expected, those deep sleeves' joint parameters and grouping defied conversion. Sadly, sleeves break if bent. Perhaps C-D v3 may do a better job...

The fourth garment I down-loaded, for 'Awa', baffled me. I did not recognise the figure name. When loaded, the proportions were very odd, perhaps those of a giant 'bobble-head'...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Something More Casual...

#259  Nik 22 Jul 2008 01:38

This is the PoserWorld 'Sweetness Halter top & Skirt for SP3" by Steve Shanks, plus classic PixelArcana boots and Akashi hair.

The top needed slight tweaks at upper side and under bust, but the skirt was more problematic. Try as I might, it just looked *wrong*. I tried converting as-is, or as a 'skirt' with/out handles. It kept coming out the wrong shape. Finally I realised that the OBJ name must be duplicated in my C-D influence collection. I re-named the OBJ with a Sweet prefix, used CR2 Editor (1.51) to amend the CR2 and tried again...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Dragonspace...

#260  Nik 24 Jul 2008 00:05

"So ?? It's a Classic !!"

The eye-opening 'Short Dress for Miki2 by Chris Cox', found on Dragonspace, converted first time. I've paired it with scary V2 platforms and a GlozHair. We've seen those platforms before, IIRC in pink, but the OBJ RSR had become corrupted. Took me a while to spot that...

His smart 'Coast Clothes for Miki2' (one CR2) needed a slight tweak at crotch to hide the weak seam...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Dragonspace Ninja.

#261  Nik 24 Jul 2008 02:55

"Eeee-- YAH !!"

Posette had fun trying some of the easier moves...
---

This was an interesting costume to convert, but the 'ReadMe' file concisely explained that loin-cloth and tails are separate characters to the base 'suit', require parenting.

First thing I did was save the parts separately.

The Suit and its carefully wound climbing rope converted first time. I was expecting the 'rope' --partly collar sections-- to snarl horribly, but it all survived. I'm impressed !!

The loincloth converted by default. I positioned it against the waist-band, re-parented to Posette's abdomen.

I did not dare convert the tails. I just positioned them at the back of the waist band, re-parented them to Posette's abdomen.

The mittens / fighting gloves had problems with crinkly wrists. Instead of arguing with C-D, I set their fore-arm tapers slightly negative (-0.001 ;-), told Poser_4 to 'memorize' them and re-saved. I kept their original thumbnail.

The 'booties' look like a perfect fit, but there are tiny poke-throughs in the duck-foot slot and at a 'low' spot on the side of one heel. Using the 'all-over' fix for poke-throughs in v2.7 left the booties loose-fitting. So, I ignored the tiny flaws. I could just hide feet & toes, but unless you knew exactly where to look for those errant pizels...

I topped off the costume with Ghastley's useful Sadie Hood, technically hair...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Wild......

#262  Nik 27 Jul 2008 00:13

"Ooooh--Er..."

Posette soon realised it was a mistake to borrow one of Vicky's wilder Clubbing outfits...
--

Seriously, these are Dayna2's fetish boots for V4, as seen on Renderosity freebies, with a members-only link to SeventhComplex. The ReadMe said to hide toes, feet & shins, but C-D blazed through the conversions in ~ 20 secs per boot and conformed the shins...

Hot-pants & top are MayaDoll basics, arm-bands a 'Vx' freebie, all previously converted. Matching Hood is again the Ghastley 'Sadie', which loads as hair.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Re: Wardrobe Wizard Vs Cross-Dresser...

#263  Nik 27 Jul 2008 12:53

Re: V4 D2fetishBoots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nik your conversion looks fantastic feel free to share it with anyone that wants it and if you want to post a conversion here in the [SeventhComplex] freebies that would be very cool with me, Dayna xx
---

D'uh, sounds like a 'Go' !!

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Re: Wardrobe Wizard Vs Cross-Dresser...

#264  ahjah 27 Jul 2008 19:41

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

Post Dayna's Pink Plastic & Fluff...

#265  Nik 27 Jul 2008 23:23

I tried to convert Dayna's 'PinkPlastic & Fluff for V3', but had problems. Politely put, the result will not conform beyond the 'zero' position: Tilting any part of garment un-conformed else-where...

This is unfortunate, as it looks an *interesting* garment.

If anyone can rescue it with a revised grouping or as dynamic garb, I'd like to see the results.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Indoda's Pants For V4...

#266  Nik 28 Jul 2008 00:37

Here's Indoda's neat high-waist pants for V4. The only problem with conversion was the need to include hands/feet to position the ankles' hem.

I've included original thumbnail to show the thin front straps as modesty required a blouse...
---

I tried converting the related Indoda leggings, but they were too close a fit to V4. I ran out of patience chasing persistent poke-throughs and gaping seams.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Some More From V4...

#267  Nik 29 Jul 2008 00:37

Okay, Posette's main garment is the Double Helix Dress for V4 by Paul J. Zanca. There were tiny poke-throughs on hip and under arm, but those only needed one iteration with C-D 2.7 fix morphs to clear. Per ReadMe, the complex geometry requires careful posing to avoid unsightly gaps.

That neat footwear is the Cc M Boots by Corinthians Gaddie aka corinthianscori. As with originals, hide feet and toes. I used foot bend of 16, but exact figure may depend on your setting. The heels look a bit odd, but may be modern fashion...

Hair is StudioMaya's RollHair2 for Vicky, slightly offset YZ then 'memorised' for Posette...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Yoko Set...

#268  Nik 31 Jul 2008 22:47

"Be quick with that camera, I think the 'SkinStick' is wearing off..."

Posette was not happy modelling the precarious Yoko Set.
---

This, as you may have guessed, is the Yoko Set by Corinthians Gaddie for V4.2. It converted first time, and very quickly. My only quibble was the Top's CR2 expected an OBJ named 'Yoko Top', not the supplied 'yokotop'. Fortunately, C-D fails soft, includes a browser...

Hair is MayaDoll's MDCH, Sandals were an Aiko item, previously converted.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#269  Posy 31 Jul 2008 22:47

It depends on what the meaning of the word "it" is.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

Post Mint3D's 'Sakura Skater For V4/A4' For Posette.

#270  Nik 05 Aug 2008 21:05

"Steady... Steady..."

Posette knew that, like riding a bicycle, you never quite forgot how to skate...

The knee-pads helped.
---

Mint3D's 'Sakura Skater for V4/A4' is a lovely garment, repaid the time required to fix several small, but persistent poke-throughs.

Thanks to Mint3D's Mia who supplied a direct link, I was able to download the 25 Mb zip from their mirror server. The runtime unpacked to ~65 Mb. I selected V4 conversion, set to work with C-D 2.7...

The costume is high-polygon, with superb geometry plus detailed textures. It was a severe test for this minimal Browser_PC.

The first, slow pass with C-D gave mild poke-throughs under arms, but severe on the dress' inner bust. I iterated the area's morphs up to ~0.85 before the last, reluctant pixel conformed. I tried the over-dress conversion with defaults, then with similar morphs, after which the layers nested like 'Russian Dolls'. Bow, knee-pads and in-line skates converted first time. I had problems with the hat, as the conversion would not conform. So, I scaled and parented the original.

Unusually for such a garment, the dress' cut allowed for neat bikini bottoms etc. Though you cannot see them, Posette is wearing 'A3 Idol' briefs, previously converted...
---

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Julie Suit Wardrobe Nik Forgotten Posette & Dork stuff 9 11 Jan 2008 13:36 View latest post
tda42

Page 18 of 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next