Regarding "Congratulations"

Page 1 of 1

Post Regarding "Congratulations"

#1  Whazizname 03 Apr 2008 14:55

Thanks for comments on "Congratulations" { http://www.posetteforever.com/congratulations-sp4750-full.html }!

I guess that I was so relieved to finally complete a satisfatory render, that I forgot to include some details with the post; I decided to do add the details here, since I was not sure how many people return to an image's page more than once.

First, the credits:
Ana (freebie character morph & texture for P4W) by "Unknown Artist" {I couldn't find a readme for it...};
Sweep hair (freebie hair prop) by Alla;
Wacy Won (freebie swimsuit) by Nerd3D;

Champagne Set, Bearskin Rug, Cake & Candles (freebie props) by TrekkieGrrrl;
5 (freebie number prop) by Ahjah

Posing, Lighting, and Texture manipulations by Whazizname;
Poser 5 Firefly render, photoshop 5.5 for postwork.
-------------------

Second, What I think was P5's problem with previous render attempts:

It seems that a combination of my lighting setup {3 point, wide-angle, low shadow bias, depth mapped shadows...}, and TrekkieGrrrl's shaders {reflection & refraction on glasses, transparency & ambience on candle flames & flame "halos"; transparency & bump on Bearskin Rug...} were just too much for P5 to calculate with out hanging. I even added to the problem by trying to use displacement on the Bearskin Rug.

After I reluctantly simplified TrekkieGrrrl's shader setups, and removed the displacement form the rug, I had to run several test renders to get satisfactory texture colors.

But; I think it was all worth it to wish this wonderful site a "Happy Fifth Anniversary".

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

• Back to top Page bottom

HideWas this topic useful?