Posette/Victoria

Posette/Victoria
Article
Post Posette/Victoria 

To my friends and fellow members here at Posette Forever,

This is a hybrid figure with Posette's head and Victoria's body with all of Victoria 2 body Morphs and FBM's intact. I used the VP4Skin figure from April's Vanity so the figure can take P4 Female textures. The figure is in the beta stage right now and I am in the process of adding morphs to the face. I would like to use some of the Morph Targets from Posette Forever, in particular some of Ahjah's but only with permission of course. I have added almost 40+ character face morphs of my own so far.

When the figure is ready I would like to offer it up if anyone is interested. I could also use some help in giving this figure a name that reflects this posette/victoria hybrid. Have a look at the image and let me know what you think. Any suggestions and your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Marv

Marv [ 27 Jan 2010 21:23 ]

Posette/Victoria
Comments
Post Re: Posette/Victoria 

Hi Marv
Might be interesting
Of course, you can use my morphs as long as the result will be for download exclusively at PF. If you want to offer it somewhere else it depends...
But be careful with the DAZ stuff. The fact that V2 is avaliable for free now doesn't make it for free distribution automatically. I'm afraid you will not be allowed to use the original DAZ morphs for redistribution. Better check this twice. DAZ can get really beasty when it comes to copyright stuff, and PF and me cannot afford to be part of a violation.

PS: There is a Posette/V2 hybrid with Posette mapping avaliable already, made by stahlratte. He removed all the DAZ morphs before distribution
http://www.planit3d.com/source/Poser/stahlratte/stahlratte1.html

Last edited by ahjah on 27 Jan 2010 22:08; edited 1 time in total 
 ahjah [ 27 Jan 2010 21:53 ]

You are right of course Ahjah and thank you for your permission on the morphs.    I fully plan on doing my homework as to distribution of the figure and to be respectful to daz3D as well as PosetteForever. I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Marv [ 27 Jan 2010 22:05 ]

Thank you Marv

You can use the objaction mover or something like that to avoid copyright problems. There is no more links to the good old original version and the author transformed it in a commercial product (I hope for him to have made a lot of bucks ), but there should be something that does the same for free, there should also be present a thread about it on PF

Tormie [ 27 Jan 2010 23:58 ]

I completely forgot about Stahlratte's Valerie P4. Oh well at least I learned the Hybrid process. Any suggestions for Posette hybrids that haven't been done?

Marv [ 28 Jan 2010 00:26 ]

Sincerely, the worst part is the remapping, some times ago (a copule of years ? Maybe...) I bought the UVMapper pro and began remapping Posette for using V4 maps, it was so boring that I stopped after a while...

In any case there is the whole set of standard females of P5 P6 P7 and P8 to play Doc Frankenstein with , but a well done process includes the remapping, that is very boring

Tormie [ 28 Jan 2010 01:10 ]

I'm sure that remapping is boring but I'm the kinda person that enjoys learning and enjoys the challenge. I'll have to give it some thought and see what I can come up with. Any suggestions just send them my way. Thanks Tormie and Ahjah for your input.

Marv [ 28 Jan 2010 01:17 ]

BTW it was RTEencoder, that was gone comercial, I think.
ObjactionMover is still avaliable free @Sandylodge http://www.sandylodge.demon.co.uk/html/utilities.html
But only a M$ version (luckyly it works on Linux/wine too )

ahjah [ 28 Jan 2010 01:44 ]

RTEJava is a free clone of RTEEncoder 1.0 (the original free version) and can be found stil here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040907.../RTEJava/alpha/

A_C_C [ 28 Jan 2010 12:15 ]

I posted 2 images of Posette/Victoria 2 in the gallery. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Marv [ 30 Jan 2010 09:30 ]

Hey everyone, I'm back :3

Marv, not sure if you're into a challenge/potentially naughty bits, but have you checked out Heroineism's 'Motoko' figure?  This base figure is used on the Ultrawoman figures produced by the author of the site.  He's moved on to custom creating newer original figures, all based on the Ultrawoman fandom... tho they come ready for the "Superheroine in distress" fetish  

The older figures I'm talking about are on http://kpffpk.blog83.fc2.com/
if you're just mainly wanting to put Posette's head on the figure, I'd suggest starting with one of the Ultrawoman figures.  They use the 'Motoko' figure base for the body and come with morphs (unlike Motoko) and the 'Ultrawoman' mask is just an object that can be removed.

Venus Mother's helmet actually has some nice facial control (I'm making a alien out of her, makes a very sexy 'Roswell' Alien hybrid type...thing.. ) and the body has all the basic morphs plus a few extras to work with.  A project I'm working on is making a series of morphs to work with what the author already gives.

And if you're interested in seeing the autors more recent stuff (which is very good)  here's http://heroineism.blogspot.com/2010_02_01_archive.html

and yus, everything's free!  

Lickitung [ 09 Feb 2010 07:26 ]

That certainly is some nice work. Thanks for the heads up Lickitung. I think I just might something new to play around with.  

Marv [ 09 Feb 2010 20:08 ]

Np, just a heads up on some things I've noticed tho.

Even the author makes mention that she needs joint parameter work and the hands don't respond well to premade poses.  The model is also segmented similar to Latexa and the earlier versions of Eve.  That and this is a custom figure.  Any new morphs are those we make.

I do feel the figure holds some good potential tho.  Even tho the author states no commercial use, I'm kinda hoping I may be able to use her for that, should the need arise and if I can make a significant enough contribution to her development.    The 'facemask' of the 'VenusMother' figure actually has pretty good expression and the crown and back portions can be removed, making it not 'Ultrawoman' so there'd be no copyright infringement.

Gonna be tough to develope tho... only clothing available is the Ghost in the Shell outfit he made for the Motoko Base, which doesn't fit the Ultrawoman base due to modified proportions.  The segmentation also makes it difficult to do morphs.  But I'm confident in my ability to learn :P

Lickitung [ 10 Feb 2010 01:48 ]

I tried doing some hybrid work with this one yesterday and have to admit that it will be a bit of a challenge. The neck mesh is quite different from Posette's and the Millenium figures. Difficult but not impossible. I might even take a stab at some morph targets later on and see what I can do development wise for this figure as well.

Marv [ 10 Feb 2010 21:41 ]

Marv, some other Ideas I was thinking of:

Stephanie
The Girl
Aiko

All of these are relatively popular characters now free from DAZ, could maybe look to Hybrid one of them if Motoko/Ultrawoman is a bit more hassle than you'd like.  I don't know if Athena is compatible with Victoria's morphs, but I wouldn't mind a Victoria/Posette hybrid like you were originally doing simply to use She-Freak with Posette's head.

Lickitung [ 13 Feb 2010 08:33 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next