Posette Premium

Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Re: Posette Premium

#16  tda42 28 Oct 2011 20:51

Then what we need is a tutorial to do this. Don't get me wrong I am all for this 100%. Its just it would be nice to keep Posette and have a high Res map on the old gall and be able to conform some more clothes on here. Due to her hands some times it doesn't work right with other model clothes to put on her without ripping a mesh poly line and having holes in them. This has been the problem with many of the conformed clothes that have worked with those software's. If yamato would be so kind to tell us how to do this then it would be great. So I am all for fixing the problem.  

Last edited by tda42 on 28 Oct 2011 20:52; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 21:46

Regarding the mapping, i just looked all posettes and used the V3 mapped one, it needs some relaxing i think, so i will relax it a bit better.

nevsehir Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#18  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 21:47

tda42 wrote: [View Post]
Then what we need is a tutorial to do this. Don't get me wrong I am all for this 100%. Its just it would be nice to keep Posette and have a high Res map on the old gall and be able to conform some more clothes on here. Due to her hands some times it doesn't work right with other model clothes to put on her without ripping a mesh poly line and having holes in them. This has been the problem with many of the conformed clothes that have worked with those software's. If yamato would be so kind to tell us how to do this then it would be great. So I am all for fixing the problem.  

I just thought the gal needed an update, Vicky is moving on so is Posette haha.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#19  tda42 28 Oct 2011 22:08

Then thank you and have a great day.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#20  Tormie 28 Oct 2011 23:57

Ok  nevsehir , I'm sorry but I can't understand what you're doing, maybe it's a language problem (I'm not of an english native language and neither you), so this is what I've understood:

-You made a completely new model giving her the same shape of Posette and called her Posette
-You're trying to Uvmap her in order to accept V4 textures

if it's like that the result is not a Posette, it's not "Canon", she wouldn't be different from morphing a V4 or V5 or something else in order to make it look like a Posette, the process would be even easier

Or:

You started with a standard Posette (P4woman) because you said that the meshes are the same, so essentially you created a set of morphs, in this case she is a Posette with the shape you like.

In this case, if you remap it to accept V4 textures, consider to do the work on the standard P4woman obj, then apply the morphs, the final result will be more useful: if the meshes are the same, the morphs should be accepted, but the result of a shape or movement morph applied on an already modified mesh is unpredictable.

If I understood it, you're doing two things at the same time, or you already made a modified mesh for a Posette) essentially a set of morphs and now you passed to a radical remapping.

As I told you, take it as a game, or, if you need help, just ask exactly what kind of help you need (for example "help me remapping the limbs"). Please don't feel offended by the low enthusiasm on a Posette clone, after many years a lot of us have become "zealots" (conservative) about Posettes.

There is a message in the forum (somewhere) of some years ago, the topic was about the little differences between the models, by now it still doesn't exist a really new technology in the 3D arena: models are still made by polygons, with enough skill an artist can do the same things with a Posette or with a V-something , the rest is only a matter of easiness.

Essentially, the so called "new models" are simply heavier objects made with more polygons, it's not that they made a model using "circles" instead of polygons, they are still the same thing. someone of us make a point in adapting dresses and accessories to our Posettes so that she can be always up to date. It works because the technology has not evolved enough, and here also comes the fact that a site like this little one is still actual: they say that Posette is outdated but for me it's only words dictated in order to push people at the marketplace to buy the umpteenth "new" girl in town...

About the converters, none of them are for free, the same V5 that you are talking about is a commercial model while this site is dedicated, by statute, only to discussion involving free utilities and models. That's what we like , everything for free  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#21  nevsehir 29 Oct 2011 06:53

Tormie

I lived years in new york;). It is just Posette, nothing different, only a set of radical morphing. I dont use any converters. What i was talking about JP( joints) is just a simple pose file done ages ago, you can compare it to geometrie swtiching.

I dont even talk about more polygons. I said that daz took V4/5 to a new shape, namely: elite. I just wanted to make Posette someone the same i.e body shape. I just completely remorphed Posette to the shape of a real woman( i shaped her after photos). I can give you the morphs before hand so you can see yourself.

You can already see it in the wireframe picture, they are exactly the same mesh, only very different shape thats all.

Last edited by nevsehir on 29 Oct 2011 06:55; edited 1 time in total 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#22  Tormie 29 Oct 2011 09:39

Yep, I got it... If you're using one of those commercial clothes converters you can use Posette as a "cloth" and try to adapt it to a different model, the result would be a mess but with some morphs that can be useful.

Ok, keep us appraised I want to see the final result

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#23  ahjah 29 Oct 2011 10:02

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#24  nevsehir 29 Oct 2011 10:12

You can still use all the morphs but some work better than others, for instance, some expression morphs look silly cuz the shape is changed. The rig is still problematic but, if you have p8 or up you can still use the morph brush to smooth things out.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#25  Tormie 29 Oct 2011 10:41

If you're using P8 you can perform some experiments with joints in the setup room. I remember the pose that changed the joint position, it was from a Japanese guy, anyway you can even obtain better results in the setup room

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#26  nevsehir 29 Oct 2011 10:48

Tormie wrote: [View Post]
If you're using P8 you can perform some experiments with joints in the setup room. I remember the pose that changed the joint position, it was from a Japanese guy, anyway you can even obtain better results in the setup room

Yes Tormie hehe but i cant rig lol, i have pp12  and i just cant rig well. I made some small changes in the morphs so, she "poses" a bit better regarding the neck/collar area.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#27  tda42 29 Oct 2011 13:49

Yes I would like to see this come out great as well. Did you do all of this in Poser or did you rework the object in another modeler? I am just trying to help you and make sense to what is the best approach to this problem. It would be nice to see the girl get a face lift. She deserves it and has been a great character for sometime.   Have you thought about moving the bones in different areas to see a better result?  

Last edited by tda42 on 29 Oct 2011 13:50; edited 2 times in total 
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#28  nevsehir 29 Oct 2011 13:57

tda42 wrote: [View Post]
Yes I would like to see this come out great as well. Did you do all of this in Poser or did you rework the object in another modeler? I am just trying to help you and make sense to what is the best approach to this problem. It would be nice to see the girl get a face lift. She deserves it and has been a great character for sometime.   Have you thought about moving the bones in different areas to see a better result?  

No she isnt morphed in Poser

Regarding the bones:  yes i tried this and i also tried making an own skeleton once but i failed, i tried this often, my strength is texturing and morphing human forms.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#29  nevsehir 29 Oct 2011 14:32

Ive made a little movie, from Posette to Posette premium( all the morph changes and my render settings, to get her very smooth)

http://esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=32953618

Last edited by nevsehir on 29 Oct 2011 14:33; edited 1 time in total 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#30  tda42 29 Oct 2011 14:56

It says its not available. Man! I hate it when 21st century screws things up.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Kim For Posette Marv The Posette Playground 10 29 May 2007 08:02 View latest post
JanReinar
No new posts Posette and more ahjah The Posette Playground 35 25 Jun 2012 15:57 View latest post
Chromium
No new posts Posette.com Tormie Whip The Admins... 59 13 Feb 2005 00:35 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Posette? Ben_Dover The Posette Playground 12 06 Aug 2003 19:08 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Posette FBM WIP ahjah The Posette Playground 12 17 Feb 2011 19:13 View latest post
ahjah

Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next