Posette Premium

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Posette Premium

#1  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 01:38

Hello all!

I couldnt sleep so i thought lets play with Posette. Daz3d has its new v5 out and why not change Posette completey? I redone possete's whole physique, and morphed her after a real woman.

But now i need help, due to the extensive morphing her joints wont work well anymore, who wants to re-rig her? And im also looking for a uv master, i want to remap her along the lines of v4 uvmap. I hope i can work all this out, and put her up in the free stuff area.

nevsehir Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Posette Premium

#2  Tormie 28 Oct 2011 01:55

Hi nevsehir , I can only say that I hope that your enthusiasm will last... I've UVmapper pro somewhere... I say "somewhere" because I tried to remap Posette in order to use V4 textures long ago but the rocess was so long and boring that I gave up... I should have my partial results somewhere (with UVmapper pro....) . I can only suggest to take it as a game, I found easier to work on the original map that I consider the less confusing and "in scale" of all the models that I've seen  

P.S. "V5" another ballistic weapon

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 11:06

HAhaha, i have found a solution for the mapping, i already began texturing her, just to see how the morph looks. I texture her with projection mapping so no stretching on the model. Ive made a very fast and sloppy texture to see how she would look:

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#4  ahjah 28 Oct 2011 11:12

Hi nevsehir
Looking at your remodelling attempt, looks interesting at first glance.
Having worked with Posette for years myself, I found out remodelling the mesh to a completely new figure cannot bring too good results, because the original mesh is really modelled i.e. with the edges following the shape. The more modern figures (V4, Genesis/V5) consist of a neutral mesh that could be a ball as well, just molded into the shape of a human body, but could be almost everything else. Posette is modelled with personality. If you modify her too much, she won't work anymore, there's simply no mesh where you need it. Even re rigging will not work in most cases.
A grouped mesh view could help to judge whether there's a chance to get it working at all.
I don't mean to disencourage you, don't get me wrong. Just my thoughts...

Last edited by ahjah on 28 Oct 2011 15:57; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#5  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 11:27

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hi nevsehir
Looking at your remodelling attempt, looks interesting at first glance.
Having worked with Posette for years myself, I found out remodelling the mesh to a completely new figure cannot bring too good results, because the original mesh is really modelled i.e. with the edges following the shape. The more modern figures (V4, Genesis/V5) consist of a neutral mesh that could be a ball as well, just molded into the shape of a human body, but could be almost everything else. Posette is modelled with personality. If you modify her too much, she won't work anymore, there's simply no mesh where you need it. Even re rigging will not work in most cases.
A grouped mesh view could help to judge whether there's a chance to get it working at all.
I don't mean to encourage you, don't get me wrong. Just my thoughts...

I alread found a solution for that, she takes most Posette poses, only the collar interferes a bit, but you can morph that away with a morph brush

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#6  tda42 28 Oct 2011 13:47

This sound interesting. We will sit back and see the results of what you have come up with.  

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#7  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 14:25

I was thinking doing something like the daz's elite series. Different body shapes and head shapes but aming for realism. Hopefully i can work this out. I have used the V3 mapping for this Posette.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#8  tda42 28 Oct 2011 16:29

Another guy that comes to mind has already done the V3 mapping. Or at least for the head anyway. We here like the mesh she has but maybe a bit of tweaking on the arm joints and little things like that. The big deal is getting a high resolution on the same Posette body mesh and giving it realism. Remember if you change it then it is not the real P4 but only a modification. Only a map change and eye lash change will keep it the same Posette. Just my two cents but remember it is really all about the map for the realistic look for make up and skin.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#9  ahjah 28 Oct 2011 16:40

That's what I'm talking about since years. A good, working re-mapping to unimesh/V3 is on my wishlist.
The version Kenny is talking about isn't working for me, because it's made on an altered mesh.
I'm still waiting for someone to do a decent V3 remapping on the unaltered Posette obj (V4 mapping seems too fancy for me...)
Unfortunally, I'm not capable of doing the remapping myself

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#10  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 17:10

This is not a head of vicky put on Posette, this is just Posette, i didnt add extra vertices or whatever, you can all get the morphs and you have the same Posette as i have. The body and head already have V3 mapping on the moment. I can even enlarge her lacrimals( wich i will do) But i am more concerned about teh rigging( i could get the knee fixed) but the shoulders and arms dont pose well with these morphs.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#11  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 17:13

As you can see here, the meshes are the same, left is the modified Posette, right the unmodified one:

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#12  Chromium 28 Oct 2011 19:16

There is some great potential here, thank you for giving it a go nevsehir.

The more you succeed, the more versatility you add to our Posy. Thank you for sharing your progress, as it will encourage someone else too (even if in a small way).

I'm no expert but it looks like the figure needs a magic JPconverter, made to fix her joint issues.

I thank you for spending time on Posy, as opposed to another model.

Owing to hardware I will hit a limit to the quality of the render I can produce, and if you work brings some benefit then I wish you every success.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#13  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 19:52

The morphs are not a problem, the rigging is. Its not hard to convert one JP off Posette over to another Posette. But this morphed figure is morphed outside posettes boundaries. Especially on the neck and shoulder area( they didnt look human at all). She poses ok but she wont accept all the included poses in Poser. If you pose her manually she will behave ok i think. So i need someone who can rig her, and then make a pose file to transport the rigging( is shouldnt be that hard).

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

#14  tda42 28 Oct 2011 20:36

In case anyone has thought about it. When you re-rig a character then you have to change any of the clothes that comes with it to conform. So keeping the same rig is the way to go. If you where able to map a 4000x4000 High Res map of Posette then she would be like the rest of the models. Remember when you change the rig of bones it can not conform right with any of the clothes unless you make dynamic clothes for her. She is good looking I will admit but she doesn't look like Posette with the maps you have only another mesh and character. I am just trying to let you know that sometimes less is more in these cases. In the end it really depends in what you want to do with your render for it to be used. I think it is a really great idea that you are working on this but you have to be careful to use certain bones as the default so the cr2 file can work with the object and the bones can work with the clothes and everything works in harmony with each other.   Welcome to PF by the way. Its good to see you round again.   Also may I make a suggestion is to make a tutorial of mapping and all of this great things you have and put them in a zip file in the free stuff as well for people to share and learn. You do very good work and have great ideas.

Last edited by tda42 on 28 Oct 2011 20:38; edited 1 time in total 
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#15  nevsehir 28 Oct 2011 20:42

tda42 wrote: [View Post]
In case anyone has thought about it. When you re-rig a character then you have to change any of the clothes that comes with it to conform. So keeping the same rig is the way to go. If you where able to map a 4000x4000 High Res map of Posette then she would be like the rest of the models. Remember when you change the rig of bones it can not conform right with any of the clothes unless you make dynamic clothes for her. She is good looking I will admit but she doesn't look like Posette with the maps you have only another mesh and character. I am just trying to let you know that sometimes less is more in these cases. In the end it really depends in what you want to do with your render for it to be used. I think it is a really great idea that you are working on this but you have to be careful to use certain bones as the default so the cr2 file can work with the object and the bones can work with the clothes and everything works in harmony with each other.   Welcome to PF by the way. Its good to see you round again.   Also may I make a suggestion is to make a tutorial of mapping and all of this great things you have and put them in a zip file in the free stuff as well for people to share and learn. You do very good work and have great ideas.

Well if someone re-rigs Posette, you can use a JP converter so you can switch rigs and apply it to the clothes too( yamato has done it if im not mistaken, at least some of the japanese artist have done it.)

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 250
Lemons 100
hearts 56

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Posette FBM WIP ahjah The Posette Playground 12 17 Feb 2011 19:13 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts Posette? Ben_Dover The Posette Playground 12 06 Aug 2003 19:08 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Very un-posette.. SavageArtistry The Posette Playground 16 15 Aug 2003 22:11 View latest post
Maelstromme
No new posts Kim For Posette Marv The Posette Playground 10 29 May 2007 08:02 View latest post
JanReinar
No new posts Posette As An Elf P4luvr The Posette Playground 20 22 Jul 2011 04:02 View latest post
P4luvr

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next