Saying Hello

Page 1 of 1

Post Saying Hello

#1  TrueVisioneer 05 Oct 2012 18:55

Howdy all!  TrueVisioneer here.

I'm not sure if anyone even uses this site any more, but I thought I would introduce myself with a P4 Custom Sculpted (ZBrush) head morph to make Posette's face a little more "feminine"

Simply load the OBJ as a morph target for her head and enjoy, if you like.  If someone wouldn't mind hosting the file, that'd be great, if not, it'll probably cancel out pretty quick.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv5l9z8xwees3ao/Vis_P4Cutie.zip

blank.gif TrueVisioneer Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 30
Lemons 12
hearts 15

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Saying Hello

#2  ahjah 05 Oct 2012 20:11

Hello and welcome TrueVisioneer.
Yes, this site's alive still
We're a small but vivid community, dedicated to friendship, fun and everything that keeps 3D at an affordable level
If you've lurked around already you might have noticed our free stuff section.
That's the place to add your morph if you like. I'd suggest removing the big preview and the .mtl (obsolete) from the zip to keep it small, and adding a short readme instead. If you have any questions or problems, just PM me.

Almost forgot, the morph looks really cute from the thumb, I'll have a closer look later

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  TrueVisioneer 05 Oct 2012 20:28

Thanks for the Welcome, I'll make the changes you suggest soon.  I tried to find where I could upload the morph to the Free Area, but could not find a link to upload.  I'll go back and look for another location to submit.

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 30
Lemons 12
hearts 15

#4  Tormie 05 Oct 2012 20:51

Hi TrueVisioneer and welcome ... Yes, we're still alive   ( )...
About the upload, it is reserved to users wit at least 5 posts in order to avoid spammers, I'm just going to enable you . You should see the upload button appear when you're in the free stuff section...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  Chromium 06 Oct 2012 02:10

Hi TrueVisioneer, a big warm welcome to you   , and thanks for joining our happy little fold.

You'll find this is the perfect refuge for hanging out with like minded folk nuts about Posy.

We're all spread out over the globe so we come and go at funny times.

I see you have already met our Tormie, and Ahjah. As Ahjah, says if you have any questions then please do ask, sometimes it's nice to have a helping hand to guide you around the peculiarities of a site. Otherwise you'll end up like me...  

Sure would like to know a bit about your Poser history (not trying to sound too nosey ).

See you around.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#6  JanReinar 06 Oct 2012 02:50

Thanks for sharing!          

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#7  TrueVisioneer 06 Oct 2012 10:38

Thanks again for all the Welcomes, ya'll!

To answer your question Chromium, about my Poser history, it's not exactly a long or illustrious one, lol.

I guess I'll start with the start.  Way back in the day, I learned about 3D my senior year of high school.  My Freshman year of college, I jumped in head first with an Academic version of 3DS Max 2.5 and bryce 3D.  MAX was too powerful for a little beginner like myself, and I really wanted to do characters, which bryce was not exactly developed for.  This lead me to find Poser.

Since I was learning 3DS Max at the same time as I was experimenting with Poser (I believe it was version 4, but it has seriously been a while) I kept imagining that I could create content for the program.  I ended up making a few "less-than-stellar" props and things for Poser, and eventually gave up on it, as at the time, I was part of the camp that viewed Poser as software that served more as an expensive toy than anything.

Fast-forwarding a good number of years, I gave Poser another chance at 2010 Pro, but could not shake the "It's not a modeling program, just pretty much digital dollies" thoughts.  Again, I went on hiatus.  But then Poser Pro 2012 came out, my 3D skills had been improving over the years (albeit slowly) and I saw ZBrush integration with the SR3, which really called to me.  After experimenting with DS & PP2012, I decided to charge full-steam ahead, intent on making content (morphs/props/clothes/whathaveyou) for both programs.

That's pretty much what it boils down to, I'm unemployed (less than part time), and I'm hoping content creation will help supplement my limited income.  But, since this community is so friendly, I would like to occasionally offer free content for download here.  If anyone could tell me something you'd like to see, maybe every once in a while, I can dig in and try to mash it out, in-between my commercial projects.

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 30
Lemons 12
hearts 15

#8  Chromium 06 Oct 2012 17:20

Thanks for the history TrueVisioneer.

My career is on hold at the moment being unemployed (completely). I hope you get some good clients to keep you into 3D content creation, if you do find time for us that would be very kind of you and straight away, I would say clothes, if that's your thing, and if so I could point you to a store that would probably be very interested in your talents, though they do have a high expectation for quality (quite high), they have an image to maintain, but they would like someone with a flair in clothing items (can't remember what happened to their last guy).

Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#9  TrueVisioneer 07 Oct 2012 04:11

Hey Chromium!

Sorry to hear that you're unemployed (it really stinks pretty hardcore, huh?)  Do you do any 3D modeling?  If not, have you ever considered it?  If you have, but haven't really gotten into it, I would suggest you use some of this time being unemployed to brush up on some Blender skills (after all, it's extremely powerful and completely free for both commercial and non-commercial projects.)

And please, feel free to send me a link to the store you were referring to (either by PM or right here).  Also what kind of clothes would you like to see created for our darling Posette?

Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 30
Lemons 12
hearts 15

#10  Chromium 07 Oct 2012 17:47

Thank you very much TrueVisioneer, for offering your skills for our dear Posy .

(Chromium discusses with his Posy morphs)

There are many characteristics that our beloved Posy has for all of us. As with any woman, she wants a wardrobe to suit her for many roles and functions, and whatever clothes you do make can I please say that I would out of respect for Posy have her looking classy, rather than have her in some slut wear that is oddly popular at the moment. I guess a look in the gallery will show some of the ways we like to show her off.

Everyday wear
Dresses
Summer wear
Winter wear
Adventure wear
Office wear
Night wear
Fancy dress wear
Shoes
Anime (Edited)

The list is rather general, and is practically everything and anything for Posy, but I'll leave your imagination to conjur up the images for the clothing.

I just had a thought (yes it's my first ever so it's very lonely, I hope I get a second), could I ask for a tutorial series in making clothing, and all that is involved, that would be appreciated.

Edit: Low poly items would be appreciated by us folks with low end hardware. But of course anything is appreciated.

Last edited by Chromium on 07 Oct 2012 22:56; edited 1 time in total 
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083