Help! Need Base .obj File!

Page 1 of 1

Post Help! Need Base .obj File!

#1  ProfCoppersmith 06 Oct 2016 01:58

I know there is an old topic that's similar, but since it's been more or less ended...

Any-who....

I use DAZ Studio, and have several figures that use the P4NudeWom.obj (and the male version as well).  I had Poser 4 many years and several computers ago, and have since lost my old runtime folder.  I've been looking for about three hours or so; Renderosity, Runtime DNA, general google searches.

Anyone have or know where to find those base files?

Thank you.

blank.gif ProfCoppersmith Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 10
Lemons 8
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Help! Need Base .obj File!

#2  Chromium 06 Oct 2016 17:03

Welcome to PF!

I guess you know the answer which would be to re-install Poser.  Then you'll have access to the Poser 4 base figures that you are after, because they come with Poser.

If I was in your situation, and could not find my original Poser copy, then I'd head over to ebay, and pick up a copy there (you may use another place like Amazon). Here in the UK, I can get Poser 10, for just under £30.

Then I'd head over to SM for the latest Service Release + updates:
http://my.smithmicro.com/Poser-content-updates.html

While there you can pick up the P4 Ethnic figures too, and working from memory I think the hidden secret is Poser5 SR3 (until just now), which will give you all the P5 figures (if it's a zip, then that's the one, it's just a Runtime to copy over yours).

Anyway good luck, and do show us your work, when you acquire what you're looking for.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#3  ahjah 06 Oct 2016 20:31

Hi and welcome ProfCoppersmith

Our Chromium took care of you already, I see. The only legal way to get hands on this geometries is the official via SmithMicro or a Poser installation, sorry.

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#4  ProfCoppersmith 09 Oct 2016 20:11

Thank you for the advice.

Sadly, I haven't had a copy of Poser for around about ten years, and then it was a Mac version.  Since I'm running a PC now, that wouldn't have worked anyway.  Further, the newer versions of Poser are a bit out of my price range right now,  part of the reason I'm using DAZ Studio.  I did find another figure that is working for my purposes though.  

I namely use it for it's initial, and very far removed now, purpose... being a virtual artists mannequin featuring greater character detail.  Posette and the P4Male/Dork (I've been calling the make figure that for so long I can't remember the actual name of it)  work really well for that sort of thing, as it is a large part of what they were originally made to be.  

I started using Poser (the original version) when my dad got it after it first came out, and kept using it though Poser 5, and switched to DAZ Studio after that... really haven't done much with it since, until recently.

Well, I started rambling there, sorry.  Thanks again for the help, and the welcome.  
I'll be around.

blank.gif ProfCoppersmith Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 10
Lemons 8
hearts 0

#5  Chromium 10 Oct 2016 17:24

Glad you found a solution, and if it's free then that's even better.
If you Google free Poser figures, you'll find a link to Daz forums, that should keep you busy.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#6  posfan 29 Nov 2016 01:10

ProfCoppersmith wrote: [View Post]
I know there is an old topic that's similar, but since it's been more or less ended...

Any-who....

I use DAZ Studio, and have several figures that use the P4NudeWom.obj (and the male version as well).  I had Poser 4 many years and several computers ago, and have since lost my old runtime folder.  I've been looking for about three hours or so; Renderosity, Runtime DNA, general google searches.

Anyone have or know where to find those base files?

Thank you.

So you once had Poser and therefore a serial number right? What you need is the legacy files for Poser 6. I don't know if the legacy content for Poser 5 has Posette in there or if it was in the main installer.  Head over to Smith Micro - http://my.smithmicro.com/Poser-content-updates.html - type in your serial number and you can download it. Legacy content for Poser 8 also includes Posette and Co.

Last edited by posfan on 29 Nov 2016 01:11; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode