Subject: Is This Free Set For Posette ??
While looking for old Star Wars-ish stuff, preferably free, I noticed...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77172/brow...rd-team-uniform

It references Posette's bodysuit, looks really neat.

Can anyone confirm it is a genuine 'new' Posette freebie ??

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Is This Free Set For Posette ??
Hi Nik :hi:
Didn't notice this before. Just had a quick look at it, and the content itself doesn't seem new to me. The bodysuit seems Poser stock and should be encoded. The other gear had been at a long gone Super hero site and was was free and I think quite Creative Commons.
The textures might be "new"
:hug2: -> :lazy:

ShareCG user Candy puts out a lot of Posette revamps in line with her ultraman/woman fixation.

As Ahjah says it's the old suit with an ultraman/woman texture.

Profile PM  
Thank you !

I agree on the RTE provision, though I doubt Smith Micro would exercise themselves to complain. Bad enough that they 're-packaged' some legacy files, changing their check-sums. Finding the right version may prove impossible...

I'm concerned about SM and Poser's future as, year by year, Daz Studio evolves away from compatibility. DAZ' paid-for V4 & M4 seem to be the last, major cross-platform figures. Fortunately, there are still a lot of enthusiasts working with them...

SM do seem to be re-organising their Poser division. I've seen mention that their gateway Content Paradise *may* be merging with Renderosity in mid-November. Hopefully, the classic freebies will not be lost, per RDNA's demise...

Whatever, the 'Guard' outfits are 'reasonably practical' wear, if a tad too cute. Bit like the classic SHADO uniforms from another modeller...

I'm currently collecting freebies-preferred makings for a Jawa disguise for a young-teen scaled figure, which has led down some curious by-ways...

Profile PM  
All the things you can do with Poser or DS you can do with Blender, too. But there's so much more, and that makes it too complicated for us, who just want to play with dolls ;)

I wish there was a stripped down Blender for our needs, really free and open

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
All the things you can do with Poser or DS you can do with Blender, too. But there's so much more, and that makes these energy drinks very effective so it too complicated for us, who just want to play with dolls ;)

I wish there was a stripped down Blender for our needs, really free and open

Did anyone ever attempt to make something like a simplified Blender btw?

Last edited by Hampton on 13 Jan 2023 15:43; edited 2 times in total
Profile PM  
Hampton wrote: [View Post]
Did anyone ever attempt to make something like a simplified Blender btw?

I don't know.
I'd imagine such would come from the 'Source Forge' community, whose enthusiasts often craft such customisable arcana that my wits boggle...

gimp, anyone ??
{Shudder...}

Hunting around on my drives, seems I have both Blender and Carrara, either bought 'on offer' or 'bundled', but both left me floundering...
{Another shudder...}

With luck, I may yet grope my way through their export options, salvage orphaned freebies which lack OBJs...
--

ps: Although Halloween has passed, my posted tale may still be worth a read...
:ninja:

Profile PM  
If you mean a very basic free subdivision modeler then look for Wings3D.

If you mean something free that can model and animate, then try Anim8or.

I would say get them both as they compliment each other very well.

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1