Goto page 1, 2  Next

Subject: The Sara Project Has Closed Down Permanently
Sad news. :crying:

While periodically checking the Sara Project website, I found the following at DigitalHippies.

Quoted in full, says it all.

"attention sara project users! - i done f**d up, and accidently corrupted the sql database to pbnj's sara project site. we tried to recover what we could, which wasnt much, and pbnj has decided to just say its done, but wants to thank all the members that supported TSP!"

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: The Sara Project Has Closed Down Permanently
It's very sad :sad: to Know... If someone is in touch with them we can host Sara here if they want...

Subject:
Does anyone ever really is in touch with them we can host Sara here if they want?

Profile PM  
Yes darling, we should give a room to Sara too !

Damn... I only just d/l'd Sara today, too. Saw The Sara Project about a week ago and was impressed. The moreso once I read through the whole Sara debacle on Daz's forum.

High-quality freebies should be defended with vigor by us all... 'cos I'm willing to be that the majority of us started off with little in the way of content. Why, I had nothing but two vertices (vertii?) and an edge to rub together when I was boy. Anyone remember the Surfer Chick mesh that Viewpoint Datalabs was giving away a decade or so ago? That little chick starred in more than a few of my early CGI renders....

(I seem to be getting off-topic here. Again.)

Tormie, if Sara does end up here you might wanna keep her & Posy at opposite sides of the drive spindle... dunno how well their personalities would 'mesh'... ahem.

GrouchoC

Subject:
What's wrong. Who told you that? What is an edge to rub together when I was boy? Have you tried searching the Internet?

Profile PM  
Ummm.... Yellow.

Goodnight, Posy.

Subject:
Er

Profile PM  
Sad news, indeed!
I think, hosting Sara stuff here would be a great idea, thou I personally didn't do much with her. She don't like Poser3 too much :wink:
But she's worth beeing kept alive...

I've to say. I'm still missing pbnj around. I really liked her style.

:eh: I stumbled across the sara Project downloaded most of it, but haven't used her for anything I can think of. If the files crashed between us all we probally have it all...

:cool: I'm in favor of anybody offering high quality freebies and especially anything like Snow White, and the evil queen -Disney type characters.
One of these days I'm going to get around to trying to make Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and my favoriates Dopey and Grumpy.

Alright, I know I'm slow and dense, but just look at my Pink Panther ! !

As far as I know, the reason why no one makes Disney characters is because of their strong copyright policy... You better know more about it if you don't want someone knocking your door in the middle of the night :uuh:

I have quite a few of the Sara things in Daz that I downloaded a long time ago.

Take care,
gardeningartist

Profile PM  
I know Sara, may be forgotten now and while she was once hosted as a Daz freebie, which sadly they no longer do at their new site...

A brief search through the internet archive, at the old site does show an active link...
https://web.archive.org/web/2010030...opic.php?p=9802

In case anyone missed the original release.

Thank you Daz.

Profile PM  
:thumb: :hug2:

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2