End of the year thoughts...

Page 1 of 1

Post End of the year thoughts...

#1  Tormie 12 Dec 2011 03:35

Dear friends     ...

We're approaching a climacteric period of the year (I really said climacteric ? )
So i thought to open this topic, where, if you want, you can tell what are you thoughts and maybe the projects for the next year, if any, or just tell what you want...

And let me take this occasion to wish you a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it) and a Lucky, more than Happy, New Year             

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: End of the year thoughts...

#2  Tormie 12 Dec 2011 04:53

Ok, here I'm !

I've to say that this year was not really bad for me, I can't complain for what the destiny threw on my head, so I'm sorry that it has to come to an end ... There is nothing that can prove it, but my whole life went up and down  like a tide, with bad moments and good moments, I really hope that the good moment will stay here with me for more, but I had a lot, and I really "asked" only for some months of peace, I had them so now I can even prepare the umbrella for when the turds will start to fall down like rain ...

What I accomplished in 2011 was:
-Sale of the damn house   and bye bye to the nasty neighborhood  
-As a consequence I quit smoking for the second time (I began smoking again after 9 years of stop when I had a very sad moment regarding the selling of the house, so I immediately throw the pack into the dump when I signed the contract... )
-I found a little apartment near my workplace, I'm just fine here, it's a lot more quiet ...
-I obtained to be moved from a subway line to another one, closer to the place I live, and the new one is even easier to drive, my life really changed because I don't have to deal with passengers anymore, I don't drive a bus anymore... Anyway, it is sad in some way , I like trains, but they are easier to drive (if "drive" is the right word...) and I miss the road and I'm sorry that I had to waste the experience of many years spent on the crazy Italian traffic of the city   , I was good, I did really crazy things with the bus       (not talking about 22 disciplinary actions during my carrier   ) and I'm still the keeper of a couple of (not exactly legal) time records... Everything is gone   , but I gained a lot of peace   . And I can still keep my blue collar worker pride , I couldn't really stand to work in an office   ... Anyway, I don't really think that this is the end ...

-My brother, which is a architect and is 14 years younger than me, found a decent job, it is an one year contract, but we hope it will be a stable contract , in any case he earns enough and have gained his independence   ... Another heavy rock away from the back of me and my family...

-I found some good friends with the new coworkers, we're a strange band with young people and less young ( ) people that stay in contact and have a lot of fun doing crazy things (like to moon each other when the respective train intersect into the tunnel and to be quick enough to pull up the pants before reaching the docks         ), the problem of people like me that are on different shifts every week and often work on weekend is the difficulty to keep some friends in the normal life , so little by little one meet people with the same job or with the same kind of job only).
-I was able to go and meet Rene, Kenny and Robert (guiltypleasures, tda42 and leahman) and their families in the USA   , all alone, but with a BIG gangster SUV . I spent some of the happiest and touching moments of my life with friends that are so close to me but that live very far from my place ... it was very sad to leave them   , but I'm slowly on the mend   ...
-I bought a little RC car ...

What I'm expecting from the next year:

-In order to "keep me alive" I started a personal fight against the company for which I'm working and the unions for a matter of seniority that they don't want to recognize. I hired a lawyer, by myself because I didn't trust the other co-workers (the people with the same situation are not necessarily my friends) , but now, surprisingly   , they are all following my nasty example, resigning from the "lazy" unions (with a happy Christmas card   ) and hiring my lawyer (a honest woman), now it has the dimension of a riot   and can be the beginning of something, keep your eyes on the news ...

-I'm really hanging in with the diet: my spine needs me to be lighter because I've some problems due to my job and more than that I would like to jump once more from the plane and I don't want to break my legs with one of my "lucky landings" ... I would try to reunite my old squad and jump together (if they are not all dead , one was in prison the last time I was informed, but now should be out, probably...)

-Linked to that (   ) I want to grow a ponytail , I always had an army cut as far as I remember (now my hair are not long enough but I've two piggytails   )

-I'll have probably to have a surgery to my stomach during the next year and hopefully have everything fixed once and forever...

-I've about a 10% probability to go to Mozambique for bringing goods to a school with an acquaintance of mine, but it's really only 10% ...

-I need to change oil and filters to my car but I'm too lazy to do it in this period  

And that is all   , I've other projects but they are linked to the "luck" or they are based on events that I can't absolutely control so i live my life without thinking to them ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: End Of The Year Thoughts...

#3  Chromium 12 Dec 2011 14:24

Thanks for sharing the year, and your thoughts Tormie.

I need to think about my entry.

A great thread.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

Post Re: End Of The Year Thoughts...

#4  Chromium 12 Dec 2011 23:16

I think I'm ready now.

Last year finished of quite well, as earlier things were very depressing.

For this year home life has been good (always some ups and downs - one relation shot another stabbed).

The neighbourhood is reasonable, working class poor folk can't have it all.

My accomplishments well I'm alive! (I had the scare of my life at the start of the year). I still have a job, there was a threat of redundancy last year, and the company is not stable enough due to the way the travel industry is, or the fact that there is competition giving us a bad name, and spreading rumours. A concern is this global economy (I'll leave it at that as I'm not to talk politics).

Life goes on, and we keep moving on forward.

I distract myself from the goings on around me with my hobbies and interests. Thanks to all at PF, for the encouragement. I am progressing a bit slow, and I have heaps to learn yet. I am at the moment gradually improving my PC's, and my little laptop is being tweaked too. I thought I better do it while I can, and add more useable life to them.

For 2012 - I hope to see the UFO landing during the olympic games here in the UK (that would make a great opening ceremony), I should take the day off work too.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

HideWas this topic useful?