Wish Me Luck

Page 1 of 1

Post Wish Me Luck

#1  Marv 01 May 2013 17:38

Hey all,

I haven't been around for awhile and I wanted to fill everybody in on why. A couple of years back I noticed my eyesight getting a bit blurry. Like an idiot I shrugged it off as eye strain. Months down the road it became more and more noticable and I found myself struggling with my drawing, reading, Poser and such. Here we are today and I am essentially working with one eye. I went to have my eyes tested a couple of months back and I was told I have a full blown cataract in my left eye. If I close my right eye all I can see out of my left eye is blur, I can see color but no defined shapes and very, very little movement. I'm essentially blind in one.

I haven't drawn or done any artwork, with the exception of a few Poser images, in a little over two years. I have been drawing since I was five years old and I am pushing fifty-two now so almost all my life I have had a pencil in my hand. To lose the ability of drawing and the stifling of my creativity has been very frustrating. I have been depressed for quite awhile now. It's hard when you have so many ideas in your head and no outlet for those ideas. I was able to still work with Poser for a bit but even that became a struggle. As I'm typing this it is still fuzzy to see the words on the monitor so if I misspell some words at least you'll have an understanding.

Now for the big thing. I am going in for cataract surgery on May 22nd. The surgery is an in office visit and will take about thirty minutes to perform. After that I go in the next day and have the eye patch removed and have my sight evaluated. A week later I'll be going back for a follow up visit and again in a month. But I will be able to see again! I'm feeling very positive about this and am getting anxious to have it done and over with. I know that I'll have to have the other eye done soon also but at least I will be able to function again and get back doing what I love doing which is my artwork.

I'm not writing this for pity or sympathy, that is just not me. All of you here at PF have been very good and supportive of me over the years and I just wanted everyone to know what I'm dealing with at the moment and why I have been absent of late. Wish me luck everyone and thanks for the understanding.

Randy

Good Ol' Marv

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Wish Me Luck

#2  ahjah 01 May 2013 18:33

Hello Randy
  That's not good news to hear. I've been wondering already...
Loosing sight even on "just" one eye is a bad thing to imagine, especially for visual people like us
  I wish you all the luck in the world for the surgery and that the eye can be saved

Thanks for letting us know.
We all hope you'll be back soon

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  GrouchoCaesar 01 May 2013 20:20

As someone whose eyesight has become a little rickety in the last few months, I understand your frustration all too well.

I hope you get back to doing what you love with all speed, and wish you well on your surgery, as I am sure all of us here at PF do.

new_zealand.png GrouchoCaesar Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3170
Lemons 1807
hearts 45

#4  Chromium 02 May 2013 15:15

So sorry to hear about your misfortune, but glad that you're dealing with it.

I shall be praying for your full recovery, and success with both eyes.

Thanks for letting us know, and good luck.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#5  JanReinar 04 May 2013 18:17

I will   for you Randy!           

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#6  Marv 05 May 2013 08:46

Thanks everyone. Your support means a great deal to me. I have some anxiety but am excited at the same time. I just want it done and over with.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#7  Tormie 06 May 2013 10:40

Don't worry Marv, this kind of procedure is standard and with no risks, you'll have your eyesight back soon, and even better   . Good luck and let us know  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#8  Marv 06 May 2013 16:31

Thanks Davide. I sure will.  

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#9  Maelstromme 19 May 2013 02:35

Good luck to you Marv and God Bless you as well in this your time of need.           

us.png Maelstromme Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2870
Lemons 310
hearts 430

#10  Marv 19 May 2013 09:14

An update. My surgery is scheduled for May 22nd and it looks as if it will have to be canceled and rescheduled. Let me explain. About five days ago I developed Conjuctivitis (Pinkeye) in my left eye, the eye I am to have surgery on. I went to my doctor and he confirmed it and prescribed eye drops to help clear it up and wants me in the day before so he can re-assess the infection. Well, there hasn't been much change in the severity. In fact it has spread to my right eye as well so now I am using eye drops on both eyes. It kills me to do it but I am going to have to have my surgery pushed back a bit until this clears up. I will eventually have the surgery done, I guess it was just not meant to be at this point.    If I could ask a favor of everyone here...keep your fingers crossed.

Just remember that I will be back cranking out some artwork, hopefully soon.  

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#11  ahjah 19 May 2013 09:35

I'll make a knot to my fingers if it helps
I hope it is getting better soon, so surgery can be done, and you can get back to life
We're with you

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#12  Chromium 19 May 2013 11:37

Will also be praying for you here in the UK.

All the best Marv.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#13  jwarndt 19 May 2013 23:40

Marv,

I've been meaning to check out this forum for quite some time and only today got around to registering.
I developed cataracts in both eyes in 1987, result of an anti-inflammatory drug I had to take for a life-threatening illness. The operations went very well, and I was left with better vision than I had before I developed cataracts! I'm not too keen on doctors in general but I have immense respect for opthalmologists. And it's my understanding that they've refined it a great deal in the quarter century since then, so things ought to go fine! It's one of the most successful surgeries ever developed. Best of luck!

jwarndt

blank.gif jwarndt Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 390
Lemons 118
hearts 70

#14  Marv 19 May 2013 23:51

Thanks everyone for all your wishes. And thank you jwarndt. I'm sure all will go well. I'm not so much worried about the surgery itself. The Dr. I have is highly recommended and very reassuring about what to expect with the surgery and has walked me through the process. The only thing that bothers me is the waiting. It gets a little frustrating at times and I'm just so anxious to get back to work. I'll let everyone how it goes. Thanks again.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Something to bring you luck in 2006 ahjah The Posette Playground 6 01 Jan 2006 15:10 View latest post
ahjah

Page 1 of 1