My beef with poser

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

#46  Landman 09 Apr 2004 16:40

you could get windows to create the backup file locally using the back-up scheduler, and then manually copy it to the cd-r once a week. better yet a dvd-r holds more. also, you only need to bakup whats changed after you've made a master.

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#47  tda42 09 Apr 2004 16:46

Thanks Landman.Always a pleasure to have you around.You Are A Great Problem Solver.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#48  guiltypleasures 09 Apr 2004 17:38

Ken, shame on you    You are somebody no matter if you do art, play games or just sit around and twiddle your thumbs! You are a good friend from what I have seen, you are someone that I find to be a very sensitive caring soul and to me that's worth more than anything else. Don't put yourself down or I shall be forced to create a band of monster gnomes to come and drag you across land and sea to Oregon where I shall kick your butt till you admit you are forced to admit I'm right! lol
I agree you did take the loss better than most people, myself included. But you at least have the renders of most of your artwork which is important, I know the Poser files themselves would have been nice to have to go back to and use parts and pieces again, but the final outcome of your work is found in the gallerys you have posted to, and I'm sure even on a lot of peoples hard drives that your work has inspired them to download to.
Now fix me a drink and put on this g-string and show me some good pole action pronto before I have this joint closed down for lack of business!  

Nex, thank you too, and keep posting, we are all family here and we all must keep having fun!  

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#49  tda42 09 Apr 2004 17:50

Where's the video camera.Tormentor and Posy will get a kick out of this later.               

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#50  Posy 09 Apr 2004 17:50

The video camera?  Where is                  video camera             ?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#51  tda42 09 Apr 2004 17:50

Above you!

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#52  Posy 09 Apr 2004 17:50

Compare that to below you.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#53  tda42 09 Apr 2004 17:51

You know she has got a point there.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#54  guiltypleasures 09 Apr 2004 21:40

two points if I remember corectly kenny

I don't have my video camera, but I have my new cell phone that takes pictures and it's so little they will never know  

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#55  Tormie 09 Apr 2004 21:58

I don't know how to encourage you to continue doing your art Deviant Viking... I hope that the time will cure your actual feeling....

Thank you for your kind words GP   ... I'm on chat just now... <for a limited time only...ZZzzzzz...ZZzzzz..>

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#56  TdaC 10 Apr 2004 09:57

Dev! Don't put yourself down. You're not a nobody, you're a somebody! Someone not because you do wonderful art that makes us think, but because you are you!

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#57  Nex 12 Sep 2004 21:54

Very insightful commentary D.V.

us.png Nex Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1940
Lemons 1244
hearts 110

#58  pangor 06 Apr 2005 06:59

I can understand how you feel.  About the attitude of lack of artistic efforts by many, well I have posted on that before.  Just as I have posted my history including the time that I lost inspirations.  Even as I felt my abilities fading, I fought to stay with the art; but I lost the battle.  While away from art, I felt like a lost outcast.  I tired directing my attentin and efforts elsewhere, but it was not the same.  If you ever leave the world of art, you will regret it.  This is not a threat, just a warning based on how I felt.

Here is how I feel about the situation with in the "Poser community":  I am an outsider of that community and I plan to stay that way.  Yes, I am using Poser in a big way in my recent works, and I plan to contiune to do so.  However, I don't see myself as a Poser Artist, I see myself as an artist and I see Poser as just one of the tools in my artistic toolkit.

I don't know what each of you think of yourselves as, but to all of you I will say that none of you are Poser Artist.  None of you qualifiy as being called Poser Artists.  What are some of the qualificaton to being a Poser Artist?

1. Render pictures with Poser and Poser only.
  2. Limit your "art" to what Poser can do.
  3. Limit you vision to the limits of Poser.

You are all artist.  Plain and simple you are artists who use happen to use Poser as well as many other tools.  None of you are qualified as being Poser Artists because you don't limit your art and vision thw way that they do.

For those people on other sites who are qualified as Poser Artist, I feel sorry and I hope they can someday grow out of their condition.

So who do I create my artwork for if not for the Poser community.  I create is for my enjoyment and for my family and for you my friends in the artist community.  I also post it in other sites including in the sites that are exclusivly Poser based, for those there who may enjoy it. and with the slight hope that it may inspire some of the "Poser artists" to look beyond their limited ideas and see what else is possible and perhaps even try something that is new and create their own personal style.

Since I sarted buildig my Renderosity homepage, I have added many of you to my list of favorite artist.  Not because I felt that I had to because of our association here, but rather because I like your art and each of you are among my favorite artists.  If I didn't didn't feel that way about your work, even though I like you, you would not have been added to the list.  As it is there are more of you who have not been added to the list only because, you either don't have any work posted on that site, or I have not discovered your username on that site.  Also, there is one person on my favorite artist list who I am seriously considering removing from the list (this person is none of you), at first I liked some of the art work of that person, but now although beautifuly done, I am finding it boring.  That person is a Poser artist and uses most of the works to promote the newest additions to that person's line of merchandise on that site.  Yet, I hesitate removing that person from the list, for the sake of the early works made when that person was still an artist using Poser, rather than being a Poser artist.

DV and everyone else, don't cast away art because of the habits of others who don't share our thinking.  Continue to create art, for youself and for the enjoyment of all those who do appreciate and enjoy your artwork.  As I said, if you give up on art, you will regret it, I speak from experience on this matter.  I didn't give up on art but it did disappear for a long time and until it returned, I felt an empty.

Pangor

pangor 

#59  tda42 06 Apr 2005 15:31

I couldn't have said it any better!

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#60  mordikar 27 Apr 2005 00:01

I know this is an old post but it's still sooooo true..  Thank you Dev for making me realize that there ARE people out there who are interested in more than Vicky3's breasts and butt.... Go to any of the big art sites and the galleries get hundreds of images a day of all the same junk .. and 90% of it is vicky, steph, or aiko naked, maybe with a phot back ground thrown on .. and a light set thrown in to highlyigh all the important *cough* parts of her ...   :

I started modling because there was no descent looking armour for Posette that actually covered anything.. (or hardly for anyone else for that matter and the one descent set for that ugly vicky2 was like $40). I wanted to use Poser to do figures for fantasy images with swords and dragons and armour and all i could find was at best a chainmail bikinni....

It's so nice to know that there are other people out there with similar viewpoints.

mordikar Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 110
Lemons 121
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL