Modifications Of Default P4fem Clothes

Page 1 of 1

Post Modifications Of Default P4fem Clothes

#1  hanzoushinrei 17 Sep 2007 06:31

After going to Ghastley's Poser site, downloading his nurse outfit for P4fem...I realized that almost all of the stuff for Posette in his site are modifications of default P4fem clothes. Yes, cut some polys here, paste some geometries there...make it look easy. I had a few ideas in my mind...and the first thing I did is merge the collar of Maya's cheongsam on the neck of Posettes catsuit. But, I realized that what Ghastley did is more extensive...the nurse outfit is a merge between the polo shirt, skirt, and dress shirt...I was amazed...I looked so easy! but I have very limited knowledge in modeling, and no knowledge of 3DS Max nor Maya   (is there any programs that are easier?)

I've drawn a few sketches...(one for a set of pyjamas for Posette, and a few suits) but left them in a file on my desk...cuz I know I can't make them.

Or are there ways to do this? New content can be created!

suggestions?

blank.gif hanzoushinrei Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 650
Lemons 741
hearts 5

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Modifications Of Default P4fem Clothes

#2  Tormie 17 Sep 2007 08:24

Hi, I think that a lot can be done looking at the way authors made mixed models like Victoria with Posette head etc., I saw some tutorial on rosity if I don't remember wrong. This is because the main thing is to fit the gap from one model to the other one with a 3d sculpting program. What I remember is : take the main character, cut out what you don't need and put the second "piece" in the right position, then export the two pieces in a format that your 3d sculpting application can read and then fill the gap between the two, then use this object as a base for the character modifying manually the cr2 file of the first character (the initial dress), last things are adjusting the joint parameters and making a new UV map. For example if you want to put the mayadoll head on Posette body, you've to put the head in a position that matches the position of the Posette's head , delete Posette's head and basically you've to export the two part as a single object, remodelling the neck to fit the gap between the two parts etc.
The process for mixed dresses should be the same.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  hanzoushinrei 17 Sep 2007 10:19

mmmmmm.....
I'll try looking for it...R'osity?

blank.gif hanzoushinrei Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 650
Lemons 741
hearts 5

#4  Tormie 17 Sep 2007 19:20

Well, I don't remember where I found that tutorial, for what I remember of the way it was done it could be Rosity or planit3d, maybe I'll take a look myself later

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?