Controversy and flames...

Page 1 of 1

Post Controversy and flames...

#1  Tormie 18 Dec 2007 14:45

Yesterday I rejected a registration coming from an email address that came from a free email service, husmail and I received this offensive email. I should already told what I do when I check new registrations: I check the IP with the "project honey pot" and in google, I check the email in google, I check the nickname in google. Usually, if the data provided are "clean" there is that could be related to spam, and I turn on the green light. If I see nothing at all but the email service is a free one that is not from one of the biggest companies (that take care of spammers) like yahoo, hotmail, msn etc. I delete the account turning on the red light. If I see somethign related to a spammer I ban the ip address , the email address and I turn off the light. This process take a lot of time and sometimes a sly spammer succeed in slipping in... Well, here it is:

Thank you for beeing a member of posetteforever for 30 minutes! I
dont really know, why you are banning the half of the world!!! I´m
a brave member of the 3D communities for 10 years or more. Yes, I´m
using email providers like hotpop or hushmail without problems. So  
- please - stay alone and dont linking from the great 3D sites to
your little "posetteforever" island!!! bongarz

my reply:

I'm not interested in a controversy with you, a long-time-brave-member-of-the-3d-communties , btw I know for sure that BIG places like poserpros no longer accept email addresses from free email hosts like that hushmail. Maybe you think that it will be a privilege for us to have you, a long-time-brave-member-of-the-3d-communties on the site, but it isn't. People like you don't even read the welcome message, where it's clearly written that we can reject email addresses like your, that we are a community and a little place for friends, and above all that there is not a single banner on all the site, that means that I and my friends take care of the site in our free time and that no one is paid or earn money from the site, neither I , the one that pay the bills with his bus driver job. I won't explain you why the place is conceived like that, you would not understand, but so said, I've no time to take care of an endless list of comment spammers using email providers like yours and I simply ban the whole domain name. We don't care of your "great 3d sites", stay there where you belong, Posetteforever doesn't worth a big artist like you and our freebies, album and forum are not a match for gurus like you, but I link whatever I want wherever I want because this is our place and we do what the hell we want in our little island.

This email gave me an idea for a new logo for the site   ... Guess what ?

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Controversy and flames...

#2  ahjah 18 Dec 2007 15:03

... maybe you're really a bit too harsh...   

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  Tormie 18 Dec 2007 15:13

"Stay alone and dont linking from the great 3D sites to your little "posetteforever" island!!!" is something that needed an immediate reaction.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts