Problems again

Page 1 of 1

Post Problems again

#1  tda42 22 Mar 2008 14:09

We have yet another problem again. I have had a PM from one of our old time Poser people
that pop up from time to time an I got a PM from the person, saying that they might leave the site
because of some things they had seen in the Art gallery. *sigh* This is getting so old.  
 At the moment I am not sure who the person is as far as the problem or what the art might be but one thing is for
sure this stuff has got to stop. We need to look at art in four ways.
1. Step back and look at it in its simplest form.
2. Is it offensive or is it just a character used in the joke or art.
3. Is the person's credibility worthy. ( Have they been her along time to know there meaning.)
4. Does the character used in the person's art a lot. ( Meaning the person is not that serious to buy or
have knowledge enough to replace a character.)

For some reason it has come back again to haunt us. The last time this happened we had to make
an agreement with parties of the site. Everyone out here at PF as Mods I need some serious feedback
on this and a solution. Don't worry about someone not agreeing, just speak your mind. We need something
stable and this has to stop once and for all. This use to be for art. Just what happen here? We need for the 1st rule that you place art in the gallery and work in progress goes as well. But it needs to remain art for entertainment and observing. The rest will follow as guide lines. Help me out everyone.  

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Problems again

#2  ahjah 22 Mar 2008 14:43

... but we cannot (and need not) talk about it, as long as we do't know, WHAT to talk about

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  tda42 22 Mar 2008 18:35

Well to sum it up here is the PM. You can take it from there.

Hello:
I think I need to part company here, I seen yet another image here that I find personally offensive.
Why is it that non blacks see us as looking like apes or monkies..and with only dark skin.
geeze! we come many shades and we speak perfect english...not that chiclen crap..."whoopin"..etc.
but I have seen images here that show us as slaves or horse tenders in diapers or Buck wheat style.
I won`t mention the artist who posted these insults.
The last image I found here is the last straw...I will ether leave or counter with positive images
of blacks and lots of them.
I bring this to you because you seem to understand what I`m talking about without flying off the handle.
I love P.F. but maybe the forum assumes that no people of color are here, and it`s okay to
make fun of us.
If that be the case, I have no problem with leaving, I don`t want to spoil anyones fun.

This is sad when things get out of hand. I don't really no what to do with this so I am letting you all see it
and in hopes that the person replies to my PM. I simply put it that we do not tolerate any racism here at
PF and to show me the offensive picture and I would bring it to everyones attention. I haven't heard  
from the person and may not. They may just go on to find another place to play. This is all I have to go on at the moment.  

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  ahjah 22 Mar 2008 19:34

Looks as if the person complaining is referring to this picture http://www.posetteforever.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=4673
I'm not sure if I have to feel guilty myself, I've posted some images of people with a bit darker skin tone, too, but my intention always had been to celebrate the versality of human race.
http://www.posetteforever.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=4243
http://www.posetteforever.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=3365
http://www.posetteforever.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1489
http://www.posetteforever.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1226
http://www.posetteforever.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1160
http://www.posetteforever.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=194
Also, I made some ethnic morphs for Posette as celebration of beauty.
I made them just BECAUSE most of the other morphs I found on the web where rather ugly...
I hope this person didn't get me wrong,I'd be very sad...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  Whazizname 22 Mar 2008 20:17

{Straight talk... pardon any "hurt feelings"}

I think the person complaining should "lighten up"; because all art is not created by them; therefore, it will not always be to their liking.
If the complaining person needs a wider spectrum of images representing "people of color", invite them to look through my gallery.

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  Tormie 22 Mar 2008 20:24

I think it's leahman again (I mean the problem), with that black (ugly) little girl and a black woman with huge tits compared to the normal blonde woman standing on the other side. There are not any other pictures here that can be misunderstood, I made a little black fairy once and Ahjah's AND Whazizname's ones are only black beauties, like John's characters, they are only characters with a different skin color.

If you can, Kenny, PM me the name of the person who complained, personally I don't know the color of your skin friends (and it never had a meaning for me knowing it...) so that I can excuse me personally with him.

Now, lehaman.

I had an exchange of PM about religion, politic and all, he has his own, I've mine, but he take it on personal, every time.

What we should do with him ? I can't talk to him anymore, because he sees me as an atheist, a communist , an antiamerican, the son of the devil and probably the antichrist itself

I'll be clear, I like the way he put his characters in a picture but the problem, a part this last one, is that here we're an international community, each picture should be clear for everyone, from Italy if I see a donkey and an elephant they are only two funny animals, and I can reply with a laugh, maybe I laughed at something serious and I don't even know , same for the black characters , i really can't understand the "american" meaning.

In this case a detailed explanation should be needed, like if I post a picture specific to Italy and I've to explain how it works in my culture.

So maybe , after a huge dinner (so the blood is not working exactly on my brain now...) maybe the right solution, instead of a ban on politic or religion, a general rule should be for a picture or a post that
"nothing should be intended to offend anyone for his religion, political faith, race", if a complain is received or the meaning should be even for a bit misunderstood it will be deleted. Detailed explanations are needed if the picture is specific to the culture of a country" (please translate it in proper english )

Some of you may ask why I still tolerate leahamn, it's because I thought he could be of some help, as a rich man, for some people here that are in need, I'm still tolerating him for this reason and because I don't think that he is evil but that his political and religious orientations suffocates his artistical potential.

So said, what we can do ? I suggest you, friends to help me a little, writing him directly why his pictures are not welcome in the way they are made, and why, as staff, we decided to delete some of them. I don't want to ban him even because I think he is going away for himself already, and for me this is sad because I passed with him some funny moments .

If you've a solution that can save us from this moment please write it, I mean, something clear and not an intention, something that can be written like a rule, easy to understand and that can't not be avoided.

Meanwhile Kenny, you're in contact with the person who complained, if he or she can, he should write me, if not, say him or her that we're working on it and that he or she will see a solution soon

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  TdaC 22 Mar 2008 20:40

it could also be this pic: http://www.posetteforever.com/no-more-cabbage-sp4711-full.html

it depends when u got the pm, this one is the latest pic with a black person in thegallery.

I don't think the member is talking about you andreas, your black characters have different hairstyles, different skintones and different features.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  tda42 23 Mar 2008 02:24

Thanks everyone. Davide I sent you the person's name that PMed me.  
The mystery person. I don't mind if you share the name.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  Tormie 23 Mar 2008 10:14

I talked with the mysterious complainer, problems are rednecks waving the confederate flag and black people depicted in a bad way. I "vote" for removing those pictures. I wouldn't say anything to lehaman, I consumed the fingers on the keyboard with him and he'd think that I'm behind all of this, so Kenny, if you want to explain him why we have to take action, do, if not we'll let things go as they have to go

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#10  tda42 23 Mar 2008 16:43

I PM you. So I have done and made ideas all that I can think of. Its up to you and all of us
to gather what we know and what we can do to make everyone happy. That is the heart of
PF. To have a great time here.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#11  Tormie 23 Mar 2008 20:35

Thank you Kenny , now I'm just too tired to think at it( I had to work today) , I'll do it tomorrow , promised ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?