Roberts 'n album limit

Page 1 of 1

Post Roberts 'n album limit

#1  Tormie 26 Nov 2011 00:03

Robert is constantly violating the 24 hours limit in the album, so I moved his last picture in the "testing" forum and I'll move it again in the normal album after 1 day. You can see the picture because you've moderator status, but normal users can't (just logout and you see by yourself).

I don't think that he do it on purpose , I think that he thinks that is "I can post it after midnight", I mean , on a new day, while the limit is 1 picture every 24h. I'll explain him...

I'm just writing to him, anyway, being here in USA I think that the European time (24h) can be seriously confusing for the American (12am 12 pm) while personally I can understand time in am pm , so I'll change it when I'll be home... I would really like to find an "universal" time, but the only think I found is the "linux" time but it's very difficult . This will be a test, if it's uncomfortable we can also keep it for 6 months and 6 months of "european" time.

The 24 h limit is uncomfortable for many of us, included me, I'll search for a solution   , I've a couple of ideas that means coding   ... I've some more days home and I'll work on it...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Roberts 'n Album Limit

#2  ahjah 26 Nov 2011 14:25

LOL our Johnny has been pretty busy, too. recently

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  JanReinar 26 Nov 2011 15:08

I've had some problems with the time difference. I started using the system to check if my previous picture is "green" = "yesterday" or "red" = "today" and it worked.

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  ahjah 26 Nov 2011 18:20

Well, 24hrs are 24hrs. Shouldn't be too complicated to look at the time of the last uploaded picture, add 24hrs, and if it's o.k., it's o.k.
But I broke the rule on my last pic myself, I was one minute too early
I think it shouldn't be a problem if it happens every now and then (If it's about Posette I don't have a problem with it, anyway ), but especially Robert ( I think he's been in US army, they use a 24 hrs system , too AFAIK) does it quite often. It happened more than once he uploaded four or five pics within two days...

The thing is, we have the rule, but the software don't know, and doesn't limit, as i.e. with the file size.
If you try uploading a too big pic, it's simply not possible. The software could as well check the user's last gallery upload, and simply say:
" No, you're too early, please wait another xx hrs/min". That'll solve the problem...

Last edited by ahjah on 26 Nov 2011 18:22; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  tda42 27 Nov 2011 11:38

I might have a solution. Simply take the rule out until the population of PF increases. I mean think about it. There is only for the moment 10 people that post pictures here.   For the moment just take the rule out until it is really needed. The big places use this because of thousands. We post at most 5 renders a day. Just my two cents but sometimes it is just better to be simpler until the time PF has a thousand renders in one day.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

Post Re: Roberts 'n album limit

#6  Tormie 27 Nov 2011 12:33

Ok, I'll find a solution, the reason of the 24h limit is to give visibility to everyone. I remember that we established this rule when one user uploaded his or her gallery in one day . Andreas, you're right about the coding, the problem is that I've to find it and apply to the software, it is not easy for me ... Anyway, I'll find a soultion

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?