Let's get this forum going!

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

#16  Tormie 12 Jan 2006 14:27

I've to admit that the point for DS is to be free and it take a lot of candies for it   so it will bea must for me to give it another chance...

About the render engine of Poser 6 I've to say that the features like the smooth-polygons thing give to certain "low" poly characters like Posette    a new life and less time spent on postwork, and don't forget what I just can't live without: the cloth room, it solves the clothes problem of Posettes and other characters who are lacking for new ones and with some tricks they fit perfectly to the body. We need to write a little tutorial about this great feature because it really give new life to our beloved characters   Note that in my last pictures Posy   wears dynamic clothes originally made for another character, Jessy or V3  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  Posy 12 Jan 2006 14:27

By "we" do you mean you and me?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#18  Tormie 12 Jan 2006 14:28

Always       ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#19  rayera 12 Jan 2006 14:41

Of course Tormie, I forgot the smooth-poligons feature, DS don't have it, it's useful to smooth some drapes of the cloth room too.
By the way, how do one do to post a tutorial, I don't know how to intercalate pictures between text in a forum post. When I get back my PC I have some ideas I'd like to share, like modeling cloth and making them dynamic (I never was able to make a conforming one), it's very easy with Wings3D, I was really happy with the results. And as you say it's really easy to tourn one cloth from one character to another, and of course they looks by far much more realistic.

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

Post Re: Let's get this forum going!

#20  Tormie 12 Jan 2006 16:17

To intercalate pictures in a forum post you have to link to them with the IMG bbcode but it's not easy and I'll tell you why: if you simply want to attach one or more pictures at the bottom of the message you can upload them as an attachment clicking the attachment button at the bottom of the page but if you want to wite text, then a picture, then text you need to upload the pictures somewhere and link to them

here is an example:

this is the last rayera's picture:[img:381cc6d697]http://www.posetteforever.com/data/1001/1009James_Jessy_FF-thumb.jpg[/img:381cc6d697], I find it's super   !

and I obtained this thing copying the link to the thumbnail of your pciture from the album and the writing it in this way:

[code:1:381cc6d697]this is the last rayera's picture:[img]http://www.posetteforever.com/data/1001/1009James_Jessy_FF-thumb.jpg[/img], I find it's super  :lol: ![/code:1:381cc6d697]

note the img and /img at the end in square brackets...

So first upload the pictures needed somewhere, maybe in the album ar send them to me if you want to show them only in the tutorial so that I'll upload them to the site and give you the links and then use the img bbcode

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#21  rayera 12 Jan 2006 16:46

Thanks Master, I'll try it  
Very happy you like my picture  

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#22  melamkish 13 Jan 2006 03:31

Ok, the info on bumps clarifies things.  The main reason I asked was because Poser asks for the location of the bump files for older content.  I just cancel and the texture loads anyway.  The conversion aspect came up (besides having read about it) because some of the hi-res textures loaded in DS just don't look as good in Poser 6.  An example, M3 high res has very detailed hair on his arms, but in Poser the same texture is rather poor looking.  But I haven't used Poser enough yet to get any further into detail.

I agree that, in some respects, it is easier to use DS than Poser, although DS doesn't have nearly the features.  I especially like the smaller "folder" interface with the two image rows.  Makes it easier to find content.  If DAZ continues to develop DS towards more features like Poser, then DAZ may give efrontiers some very serious competion

Lots of good knowledge here.  Thanks for sharing

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#23  pangor 13 Jan 2006 08:23

The conversion is a issue of Poser before Poser 5 as has been said.  Displacement is a whole other beast, it looks related but is very different internaly and with what you can do with it.  I have been working on a tutorial series about bump mapping and displacelemt mapping with versions of Poser and with Studio.  I started writing it by request by someone at 3DT.  So far I have posted the first two installments in my "Study" forum at 3D Tapestry, I have written the third one and will be posting it there shortly.  I am not certain about it's format, once that detail is worked out, I will be posting it here at PF too.

Pangor

pangor 

#24  melamkish 13 Jan 2006 12:45

Excellent.  Will look forward to the tutorial.  I've been practising with the basic interface and have looked at but not tried more advanced features.  Now that things have settled down here, I intend to tackle the Poser tutorial this weekend.  

I have noticed that DS and Poser both handle lighting a bit differently.  A lighting package set up in Poser is far too bright in DS.  Probably the way the render engines work.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#25  rayera 13 Jan 2006 12:58

Melamkish: As I wasn't able to post pictures in this forum I sen you some recomendations here.

Hope it's useful for you.  

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#26  rayera 13 Jan 2006 13:11

Lights in Poser 6 now are good, the point light is a great add-on, and the IBL is wonderful just an IBL and a spot of infinite light and you get wonderful results with fast renders.

Here at Runtime DNA you can see a great tutorial and system to handle IBLs, I already did the system, if you want I can send it to you. It's very usefull.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#27  Tormie 13 Jan 2006 13:29

Quote:

Melamkish: As I wasn't able to post pictures in this forum I sen you some recomendations here.

Can't you attach files here   ?? It's strange !

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#28  Tormie 13 Jan 2006 13:31

You were right rayera, I fixed the permissions on this forum ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#29  melamkish 14 Jan 2006 04:37

Thanks, Rayera. I'll dig out the tutorial from RuntimeDNA.  There are so many great things one can do with these programs that it just takes time.  I've been trying as much as I can, but keeping track of which content is for P4, P5, P6, or DS is the difficult part.  But I'm learning ways to tell them apart now!

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#30  melamkish 15 Jan 2006 19:26

DS Version 1.2 now available with significant upgrades.  Don't forget to reset all your plug-ins as they have also been updated.

There is also a new script available in the freebies section for v1.2 that allows saving poses in Poser format.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL