How we found and came to be at Posetteforever.

Page 9 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post Re: How we found and came to be at Posetteforever.

#121  ahjah 18 Feb 2007 00:31

Hi and welcome, armetisius!
This a nice and peaceful place. I hope, you like it and you'll feel at home, soon.

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

• Back to top Page bottom

#122  tda42 18 Feb 2007 01:38

Hi armetisius! Welcome to what we call cyber Home here. I think you will like it. Everybody knows how to talk or type or whatever. Yes you will meet friends here.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#123  TdaC 18 Feb 2007 11:32

Hello and welcome to posetteforever I hope u will enjoy this little plca as much as we do.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

Post Re: How We Found And Came To Be At Posetteforever.

#124  kageryu 23 Jun 2011 01:51

I came to find Posette Forever through a conflageration of events. I do not remember the exact chain of links I followed that lead me to this wonderful archive and forum, but I am glad I stumbled across it.  I was looking for some older content for the Daz Generation 3 figures, specifically some really nice cybernetics I remember seeing once. I knew it was not on the main sites such as Daz, Renderosity, RDNA, or CP, so I have spent months trying to find the privately owned site it was on again with no luck.  This search involves following chains of links from vendor and private sites for Poser and 3D content (many of those links now dead links at that).  Often when on such a hunt, I will stumble across other websites with wonderful legacy content, and will end up bookmarking those as well.  That is how I found this site.  I still make use of Posette, and Dork, and other figures from the orriginal Poser 4 package.  I am an advocate of legacy content for a large number of reasons - but in large part it is because of my background in 3D.

I have been doing 3D animations and work since the good old days of the Commodore Amiga 2000, and Lightwave 1.0.  I followed it's development up until Commodore went bust in the 90's and a few years later, Newtek abandoned the Amiga platform all together.  At the time I had already invested a substantial amount into an Amiga 4000 with the full Video Toaster Flyer just 2 years before - and had all my money tied up in paying off those loans - with nothing to purchase an IBM or software to even make it comperable to what I already had in my Amiga.  So for the remainder of the 90's I plodded along animating at 60mghz, with polygon counts below 1000 as the PC platform caught up and surpassed my capabilities.  Still deeply in debt I dropped out of 3D and animating around 1999/2000 when my faithful old Amiga developed issues.  I finally acquired a few PCs, though still not fast enough to do quite what I wanted, and without the software - then I stumbled on Poser 4 at a friend's house in 2004 and saw a whole new possibility of animation.  I picked up a legacy set of Poser 4 Pro Pack I found used, and a used copy of Lightwave 5.6 for the PC and set out trying to make new clips.  I have a lot of clips I started back then on My celeron 833mghz that just never got finished because 512mb of memory just wasn't enough.  It was not until late 2009 I made a serious and concerted effort to return to 3D in any serious fashion - devoting money to newer coftware and some refurbished computers to render on.

Because of all of these issues I still feel that 3D content is not really just about the polly count as much as how well those polly's are used.  I feel that Posette and Dork can still be very useful for many simpler animated projects, or even cel-shaded style work, and are a lifesaver when creating large scenes where tens, or hundreds of background characters are needed.  I am not as much of a fan of the newer Daz G4 figures, as they are complete resource hogs - and unescessarily at that (just one of them brings my quad core 6gb ram machine to a snail's pace).  I still like to collect as much legacy material to make my older legacy Poser figures as versatile as possible, and regret not having funds or resources to acquire much of the now lost commercial content for such figures when it was available.  For these reasons I find sites such as this a godsend.

us.png kageryu 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 50
Lemons 8
hearts 0

#125  ahjah 23 Jun 2011 09:04

Hello and welcome kageryu

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#126  kageryu 23 Jun 2011 15:50

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hello and welcome kageryu

Thank you. This forum seems like a friendly place.

us.png kageryu 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 50
Lemons 8
hearts 0

#127  Chromium 23 Jun 2011 18:25

"Thank you. This forum seems like a friendly place."

We all welcome you with open arms, and a happy heart.

PF, "is a friendly place", you will see.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#128  Tormie 23 Jun 2011 18:50

Hi kageryu and welcome to Posetteforever

Yours is a nice story, I never had enough money for an Amiga and I was still using a C< 64 (I bought a couple of new C< 64 a couple of years ago and I keep them in the garage ) but I would have really liked to have one, it was a monster of a computer...

We have a dedicated forum for the animations and videos here , I hope to watch your old and new works soon there (just beware of the dust, the moderator left the place in that creepy state )

What else to say ? Thank you to be here I'm happy that hour lighthouse (that Kenny made...) is still attracting new members to our little group

(Tormie is touched...)

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Look what I just found! guiltypleasures Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 56 15 Jul 2003 02:16 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Just found this one RedHawk Interesting links 3 18 Feb 2004 04:35 View latest post
TdaC
No new posts MOM! Look what I found ! Tormie Interesting links 7 07 Sep 2004 21:15 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts I found him! guiltypleasures Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 24 30 Jun 2003 20:27 View latest post
No new posts Look what I found! Guest The Posetteforever diary 6 25 Jun 2005 03:26 View latest post
Tormie

Page 9 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9