Windows 10??

Page 1 of 1

Post Windows 10??

#1  Kraizydo 06 Oct 2015 19:49

So I have my version of Poser 4 ProPack (I know its old) on a Windows 7 pc. Works fine as long as i have the compatibility set for Windows XP SP3.

I recently put Windows 10 on a different PC and tried to load my Poser 4 ProPack on that PC. Loaded and opened fine. However when I went to render a short animation The Poser executable shut down. It happens every time I try to make/create a movie. I'm running it as Windows Xp sp3 and also as administrator.

Still have my windows 7 pc and thats fine. Anyone have this issue?? Anyone know a fix??

And while I'm here one more question. If I can manage to get a 2014 version of Poser will Poser 4 characters work in it??

Thank you in advance

K

Kraizydo 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 70
Lemons 38
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Windows 10??

#2  ahjah 06 Oct 2015 23:52

Hi Kraizydo

I am on Win7 Ultimate 64 and Poser 7, and have not much experience with newer versions, to be precise none but a bit Poser 8
I think the old P4 characters should work just fine in newer Poser versions as the main rigging and obj handling couldn't have changed much. Poser 8 and V4 are still the same. If they work, Posette should also.

As for Your P4 attempts, have you tried installing it directly into root? My Poser works best from there (not into "Program Files" / "Program Files (x86)" ). I hope this helps. It might help to visit a Win10 related forum. There are lots of compatibility problems with Win8/10, Maybe one of the workarounds there works for you. Hope this helps a bit.

and now I'm off ->

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  Kraizydo 07 Oct 2015 14:02

Thank you ahjah!

I never thought of relocating to the root. I actually love the way that sounds. I will give it a whirl. I may even do it on the Windows 7 PC i'm using. I will let you know if it help the Movie Making issue.

I came here before for assistance and you were very helpful and quick to respond as you were this time. Thank you again.  

K

Kraizydo 
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 70
Lemons 38
hearts 0

#4  ahjah 07 Oct 2015 14:48

Hi Krazydo

Just trying to help. But as I said, it's not a Poser issue. It's a Win 10 compatibility problem with older software, and my suggestion is just a shot into the mist... Let us know if and how you could solve the problem

P.S.: Don't forget to run it with admin rights, but you should know that from win 7 already...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Upgrading From Windows Xp jwarndt The Posetteforever diary 7 13 Mar 2014 23:51 View latest post
Chromium

Page 1 of 1