Subject: Service Releases
Does anyone know where i can get the last service release for Poser Pro 2010?

Was able to purchase a copy on amazon but I cant seem to find a place that has the SR packages.

Any Help would be appreciated

K

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Service Releases
It's interesting you went with the Pro version of P8...

Sounds like a support ticket:
https://support.posersoftware.com/portal/newticket

Profile PM  
Chromium wrote: [View Post]
It's interesting you went with the Pro version of P8...

Sounds like a support ticket:
https://support.posersoftware.com/portal/newticket

I find it interesting that you find that interesting...do tell.

Profile PM  
P8, had it's support stopped, there were issues with newer versions of windows (read updated versions of IE), the library used the browser to find content... maybe you missed my comment about staying away from P8 in your previous thread.

There were work arounds, like use XP, use W7 (don't upgrade IE).

But for you a ticket may yield a cheap upgrade option, as you were not advised that SM stopped support (they do not offer updates on their site for older Poser versions, like P8).

Profile PM  
IIRC, Poser support has been a bit 'wonky' of late due to impending buy-out by Renderosity...

R'y have made wondrous promises to 'Do Right' by the Poser franchise and users, but will surely need a little time to consolidate the 'back end' systems...

D'uh, they've probably got their own to-do list, but the pages and pages of eloquent, highly-informed pleas and adaptation requests on the R'y site made seriously scary reading.

Paraphrasing comments by users, seems clear Poser's previous owner didn't seem sure of what Poser was, could do, its potential, its exasperating quirks, even its customer base, or appreciated the way Daz & Co were now pumping out figures, props and materials increasingly incompatible with the Poser environment...

I, for one, would like option to switch the oft-intimidating Poser interface to a simpler, more intuitive version to allow more rapid 'experimental' modelling...
YMMV.

Profile PM  
Shoot...I did see your post about staying away from P8 but at the time of purchase all I saw were the words "Poser Pro 2010". I didn't realize until after it was purchased that this is the PRO version of P8. Should have done more homework. Ugh! Guess that explains why i got it for a great price.

I will see if the Ticket offers me any satisfaction.

Thanks for your help and please excuse my lameness.

Lameness?? is that even a word?

Chromium wrote: [View Post]
P8, had it's support stopped, there were issues with newer versions of windows (read updated versions of IE), the library used the browser to find content... maybe you missed my comment about staying away from P8 in your previous thread.

There were work arounds, like use XP, use W7 (don't upgrade IE).

But for you a ticket may yield a cheap upgrade option, as you were not advised that SM stopped support (they do not offer updates on their site for older Poser versions, like P8).

Profile PM  
Renderosity / Bondware seem to have completed their Poser take-over.

I don't know what their old-version service release support is like, but they've just rolled out their free 11.2 update to registered owners of Smith Micro's 11.x.

The install file, a massive 1.2 GB, took a lonnnng time to unpack itself to C: after my down-load. Then it slowly loaded ~300 MB 'Support File'.
Per 'now/later' prompt, needed a full re-start of PC to 'do the needful'...

Most of my Poser stuff is in 'external libraries' on E:, so untouched. My few 'classic' files that had been in Poser 11.0 are now in 11.2, which is a pleasant surprise.
==

I'm not doing much with Poser at the moment. Trying to write more WIRS sequels, trying to work through a convergence of very painful anniversaries, playing with a budget house-plan designer. { Which I'll not name as NOT free...}

Upside, my $20 'Pro' version designer can import objects, export object, scene or entire project in a bunch of 'portable' 3D formats, including several that Poser accepts. Getting I/O options and scaling correct is, of course, an iterative exercise...
:mmmh: :mmmh: :mmmh:

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1