Login Problem

Login Problem
Article
Post Login Problem 

I usually login using Firefox, but recently Firefox started to 'forget' my automatic login ID for Posette Forever, so I had to enter my login each time.

Yesterday, I tried logging in again, but was taken to a different web page... see the attached image.

The web address says posetteforever.com/noob.php.

On the page is a link that says 'contact us'... but when I hover the mouse over that link, without clicking it, Firefox shows in the bottom left hand corner that this link goes to a web address projecthoneypot.org.

Because I know what a honeypot is, a dangerous female trap, I therefore did not click that link which said 'contact us'... it might lead to a dangerous website .

I am wondering, is my Firefox browser compromised... or is there a problem on the server where Posette Forever is hosted? Why is somebody trying to mess with my Posette Forever login? Are crooks trying to trick me ?

I used a different browser to login now.

rico [ 21 Feb 2021 20:36 ]

Login Problem
Comments
Post Re: Login Problem 

That page comes when you're using a banned ip address. Project Honey Pot is a spammer's trap installed on the site a long time ago, that page contains some data that goes to a spambot and gives it fake email addresses in order to trace it. If it happens again try shutting down the modem and turn it on again in order to change the dynamic IP address.

Tormie [ 21 Feb 2021 20:45 ]

I've not gone to project honey pot page in a long time... If I'm not wrong I had the same page some years ago, but it never happened again. Porbably a spammers used that ip address recently sending hundreds of emails.

Tormie [ 21 Feb 2021 20:54 ]

Yes, I remember having the same problem some years ago. Tormies solution should help. The router I use has a function to re-connect with a new IP  without restarting the hardware.

BTW, there seem some "spam wars" going on at the moment.
I had a similar issue on another page recently, telling me a bout too many connections from my IP. I had to solve a captcha to confirm not to be a spam bot. Maybe we could implement something like this here, too

ahjah [ 21 Feb 2021 21:39 ]

Thank you very much for your advice friends! It is much appreciated    !

rico [ 22 Feb 2021 16:55 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1