3D Painting for Poser

3D Painting for Poser
Article
Post 3D Painting for Poser 

Does anyone know of a 3D Painting program that will allow me to load either a .obj or a .pp2 or cr2 file and paint directly on it?

I use Paintshop Pro 7 thru 9 and I'm wondering if there is such an animal. I know of Bodypaint 3D and such but I think they are plugins for higher end programs such as Cinema 4d etc.

I would like to have something which has all the PSP or PS tools and paints in 3D.

Crimmy [ 30 Jul 2006 14:56 ]

3D Painting for Poser
Comments
I have not seen anything like it in my wanderings, although I think I once read that Deep Paint had that feature.  I tried to find out more a while back, but not much detail on their website.  It is a high end program.

There is a lot of stuff in the open source domain, so it is still possible someone is working on something like this.

melamkish [ 31 Jul 2006 14:56 ]
Have you looked at [edited by Tormie]
They have a paint program that imports Poser files

Radkres

[i:efbd912d7c]comment by Tormie: advertising of commercial products is forbidden on this site[/i:efbd912d7c]

Radkres [ 31 Jul 2006 15:25 ]
Have used Deep Paint 3D , It can create textures , bump , shine maps ect. It imports in *.obj format and have various brushes similar to Bodypaint's . The probe, is that it generates a diffrent texture for every single part of the object according to the UV map . so you 'll need UV mapper to fix that thing. It also have some nice human skin seamless textures and a brush to paibt the brows. Not a bad program as long as you don't use really big resolutions cause it starts to use too much ressources.

erenda [ 01 Aug 2006 23:55 ]
Do you wish there were any?

Posy [ 01 Aug 2006 23:55 ]
Any of what , Posy?

erenda [ 01 Aug 2006 23:56 ]
Cool, Thank you everyone for letting the rest of us know. I think I might check out [edited by Tormie].
I just totaled my car last night so I'm not sure how the money thing will go.

ps. what are candies and what does it mean where it says I'm on vacation? I work 60 hours a week nonstop and I'd looove to take that vacation. Can Posy come along?? lol

[i:89c9c8a021]comment by Tormie: advertising of commercial products is forbidden on this site[/i:89c9c8a021]

Crimmy [ 02 Aug 2006 00:20 ]
I'm glad you like it. Tell your friends. Sure, just download me and bring me along.

Posy [ 02 Aug 2006 00:27 ]
Radkres, advertising of commercial products is forbidden on this site, I've noticed that it was a sold one by reading Crimmy's comment, please post only links to free and free forever items.

Crimmy: Candies are good  and it says that you're on vacation because you set it on your profile page, maybe you selected it without noticing, if you don't find the option I'll change it for you .

Tormie [ 02 Aug 2006 00:30 ]
I've used deep paint 3d too and is fantastic, it integrate with photoshop and create a powerful tool, as Erenda sayed it eat a loooot of memory, about the body parts Erenda, you must merge the parts that use the same UV group after loading the obj and save this original file so you won't need to do it everytime.
I've found a free similar tool, maybe it's not that powerful but works:

http://www.terabit.nildram.co.uk/tattoo/

Hope you find it useful  

rayera [ 05 Aug 2006 22:21 ]
And that worked well for you.

Posy [ 05 Aug 2006 22:22 ]
I just tried this link rayera but it's down, just the services are there... I realy want to learn to make textures as freebies for peeps, but I need a free program as I'm skint. Any chance of finding this program again?
http://www.terabit.nildram.co.uk/tattoo/

Thanks

RedtailHawk [ 29 Sep 2006 19:24 ]
Love these little letters for starting threads... LOL

RedtailHawk [ 29 Sep 2006 19:25 ]
Post Re: 3D Painting For Poser 

Terabit Software

This is the new home of Tattoo

A_C_C [ 12 Nov 2006 18:13 ]
Post Re: 3D Painting for Poser 

Thank you A_C_C  

Tormie [ 12 Nov 2006 19:55 ]