Revision Of Old Works

Page 1 of 1

Post Revision Of Old Works

#1  posfan 28 Nov 2009 00:30

Hi fellow members and friends!!!

Did you ever have a look at your own gallery and got the creeps while seeing your old works? Ever thought of the mistakes and how you could do it better? So, what's stopping you????

I'm currently revising a lot of pics in my gallery.... We all learned so much tricks thru the years, how important lights are and even learned to use postwork techniques!!! And Poser, the software itself,  improved over the years too, giving us tools like smoothing polygons in the render (which helps in letting Posette shine)!!

Now, here's the chance to show us your progress as an artist:

1. Grab an old pic from your gallery and revise it!!! Be as close to the original as you can get!!
2. Post the old and new as comparison here in this thread!!!

But most of all....

Have Fun!!!  

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Revision Of Old Works

#2  posfan 28 Nov 2009 00:35

I'll start with the revision of Woodland Princess!!

Click for bigger size!!

Though I like the old one, it's dull and lifeless when compared to the new one.

I changed the headmorph, old was Posybelle, new is Elaine and turned her into a pookling - therefore the black eyes and elf ears. And she got Dryad clothes, not too much of course!!! I also used some sparkle, light & magic brushes to give the render more life! The light source changed from right to left due to the background light and her skin glows partially in gold and green due to the sparkle on her hand.

Obviously, I used a lot of postwork, not only for the hair and the sparkles, but also in changing curves, brightness and contrasts. Even the DOF is postworked as I combined several stock photos to get my forest, which is also more detailed than the old one.

Btw, Elaine can be found in the Freestuff Area, so grab her if you want!!! But be nice to her, otherwise I'll haunt you forever and one day!!!

P.S. by Tormie: the author deleted the item which is not available anymore

So, who's next in line???  

Last edited by posfan on 29 Nov 2009 00:30; edited 3 times in total 
blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

• Back to top Page bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic