My Head Hurts...

My Head Hurts...
Article
Post My Head Hurts... 

This was supposed to be a post on how I adapted a nice Rendo freebie, which came as OBP, 3DS and OBJ+MTL.

https://www.Renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89317/psyche

Instead, it fell down a rabbit-hole in search of fabled 'metallicity' for the mirror material. After help from Rendo forum, I got there. But I don't really understand 'how', certainly not 'why'. And, given a hapless detour into texture mapping has left me with ten (10) OBJ files of differing degrees of 'not quite right', I'll have to start over...

So, after I've figured reliable route, shifted an IP-CAM CCTV to a better position for watching patio door etc etc, I'll be back...

Nik [ 31 Aug 2021 17:29 ]

My Head Hurts...
Comments
Post Re: My Head Hurts... 

Hi there Nik !

I don't quite understand ... I think it looks stunning, a good reflection render !

What aspect of it are you not quite happy with yet ?

rico [ 31 Aug 2021 18:14 ]

I did not know anything about P11's 'material nodes', what they did or even where they were. Certainly not how to use them.

This time was sorta 'Beginners Luck'. Until I've some idea how to get 'metallicity' to work as reliably as, say, 'super-ambient lights', I will not be happy...

Part of problem is a lot of ported and budget models come with 'metallicity' maps. To enhance bare metals' 'gleam'. Unless I've totally misread info, those maps cannot be used as-is, if at all, by the 'metallicity' function. It cannot load them. So, I'm missing something important.  { Sulk...}

Nik [ 31 Aug 2021 21:06 ]

Ah, thank you kindly for elaborating Sir !

rico [ 01 Sep 2021 10:33 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1