Subject: 3 Free Trees
I found these three free trees for Daz Studio by genejoke over on Renderosity.

https://www.Renderosity.com/freestu...-for-daz-studio

I was ready to export as OBJ from DS, or 'rip' their DSF meshes with ($$) DSF Tools, when I noticed genejoke had kindly included their OBJ files Also, his neat 1k textures were Poser-compatible. Foliage Leaves & twigs are transparency-mapped onto low-poly 'flats'.

For this test-scene, I loaded each OBJ at ~300% of standard figure height, set bark diffuse & bump, leaves diffuse & transparency textures.

Several trial renders showed the scene needed a lot of light, something I'm far from mastering.

Eventually, I set Superfly, progressive, 96 pixel samples, 64 vol-bounces and buckets, sent job to my network-render 'Box', which ran in ~1½ hours.

I saved scene as a PZ3 so, if I can sufficiently improve the lighting, I'll post render in 'Comments'.

Profile PM  
Subject: 3 Free Trees And A Bear...
I played around with the lights, found 'Diffuse IBL' was the perp. And, no, I do not yet know why. Another urgent RTFM required...

Having day-lit scene, I added one of Honorsoft's free grizzly bear ports.

https://www.deviantart.com/honorsof...ck-v2-891508884

The set came as both .MESH.ASCII and FBX, plus excellent textures. The FBX imported to Poser at 50 ~~ 80% of original scale, auto-loaded textures. Yay !!

It seemed to have broken to two sub-rigs, but both were intact. Turned out to have two complete, rigged bears, with differing 'Levels of Detail'. I only needed one, so used 'Hierarchy' to delete the other. Did some mild posing, ran several local trial renders. Set Superfly, progressive, 96 pixel-samples, 64 vol-bounces and buckets. Sent the job to my network render 'Box', which took ~100 mins.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: 3 Free Trees
Looks like a good find.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: 3 Free Trees
:thumb: Thank you very much, they look great!

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1