Posette/Victoria

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Re: Posette/Victoria

#16  Marv 16 Feb 2010 16:09

I've done figures with Stephanie and Stephanie Petite with Posette's head that are still in the rough stage. I was working on one with Posette's head and Aiko 3's body that I am having some minor problems with but I should be able to get past them time permitting. Posette head with the Girl body sounds interesting so I may have to try that latter. I even did one with Posette's head and Dork's body just for fun. Came out decent too.

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  ahjah 16 Feb 2010 19:43

Endless possibilities
Have you thought about some hybrids with animals?
Lemurtek's models are kind of outdated, especially for the mapping...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#18  Lickitung 19 Feb 2010 07:13

Lol, Posette's head on the Dork.

Eh, why not?  Victoria comes with body morphs to give her Mike's body :P  Girl even comes with facial morphs to give her guy faces  

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#19  Marv 19 Feb 2010 16:12

Picked up Lemurtek's figures to get a bit of inspiration. I think some where I have an eagle figure that I might try hybriding with Dork if I can find it.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#20  Lickitung 20 Feb 2010 00:46

Oooooo! or a hooded cobra head.. maybe digigrade legs and claws.  A Nice monster!

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#21  Lickitung 17 Jun 2010 02:06

Took some work to find this thread again, but I got back here!  On the topic of hybrids, I mentioned modding the ultrawoman figure to make a sexy monster/alien/babe.  Recently I re-visited the idea and got VERY good results using just the ultrawoman head prop on V4's body with morphs ++ and the creature morphs. She's still incomplete, but I got very good results so far, I believe  

One of the ideas bouncing around in my mind also concerns her.  My biggest problem is deciding to go with an idea and not allow myself to get derailed by another idea!!  

One thing I really love on this figure as well is the results I got on mouth morphs with combining magnets and the morphs she already had.  That and V4 was nice enough to lend her some dentures and a tongue!

Image  Open up and say "RAWR!"  Yes, she's hissing like an alien in that movie "Aliens"  

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#22  Lickitung 17 Jun 2010 02:13

Oh!  Thought of something you could maybe look into for a Posette hybrid, Marv.  I haven't seen a good Naga/lamia type figure for Posette and while there's some available for the Victoria's, wouldn't hurt for a Posette too?  If you're unsure what I'm talking about, body of a woman from the waist up and body of a snake from waist down.

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#23  Marv 18 Jun 2010 02:31

I found this figure that I downloaded years ago. Her name is Sakiraz and came from a site called "Succubus Nation". She is indeed our beloved Posette. Although not an extremely posable figure as the serpent tail is only a static model but still nicely done. Still, it would make for an interesting project to do an updated and more articulate version of her.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#24  Lickitung 18 Jun 2010 04:50

I have that figure as well and she started giving me ideas that I still use today for multi-armed figures.  You'll want to clean her up tho as she's 3 full figures that are all un modified copies of the main body, meaning there's tons of geometries that are set to invisible and chock full of morphs, some that aren't even being used.  

But yes, I was upset when I found the tail didn't do anything!  I DO have a naga lower half figure that is for Aiko 3 that was free as well, she's on this page http://www.infinitedreamers.co.uk/2009/10/09/aiko-3-part-one/

For adding additional arms, I streamlined the process does take a good amount of work, but I believe it helps Poser on it's workload.  Rather than make a copy of the figure, make a plain, base figure and load morphs that affect the look of the arm, hands and collars ONLY.  Once you have the morphs done, make a plain low prim primitive object like a box or even a single plain prim for each body part that won't be shown and place those in the spaces the body parts occupy.  I find it helps the next step to name each prim the name of the body part cause your next step is to replace each of those body parts with the prims you just made.  Then after that, make each prim invible and you should have your arms left!  It'll still move and pose as a normal figure would, but with less prims to calculate, I believe.  Cause most graphics programs still do computations and calculations and such for meshes, even if it's not visible.

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#25  Marv 18 Jun 2010 06:22

I think I can make the process even simpler than that. I have in my library of figures that I have collected over the years a Posette figure with six arms. I can't remember the artist and at one time the link for the figure was at Renderosity. Suffice it to say, the 4 extra limbs were intergrated into the figure as posable limbs. This way the biggest share of the figure work is already done and absolutely no need for two additional invisible figures to create the illusion of six arms. So it would just be a matter of taking the upper body of the six-armed Posette and adding it to the lower body of the naga figure. I'll see if I can find my six-armed beauty.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#26  Lickitung 20 Jun 2010 01:17

Oh!  I think I had that figure at one point.. she may have been one of the ones I lost from my archive dump from awhile ago :/

BTW... My alien figure is near completion!  I've spent the last 2 days on texture work.  As you can see on the thighs, seam lines are the bane of my existence.  Getting seams to match has been the hardest thing on this figure as you can see cause.. well, it's a busy skin.

I gave her a tail as well and reduced the head tendrils from 4 to 2.  I'm toying with the idea of perhaps magnet moorphing the fingertips to be pointier...  and I shall definitely revisit those thigh textures.

\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Doctor Octogonnapuss is not amused.

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#27  ahjah 20 Jun 2010 08:22

Looks good (scary )
V3 / Unimesh mapping would be much easyier to texture... (BTW, I'm still waiting for someone to do an Unimesh mapping on stock Posette, can't do it myself...)

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130