PosetteForever is 8 years old !!!

Page 1 of 1

Post PosetteForever is 8 years old !!!

#1  Tormie 29 Mar 2011 21:36

Hello friends

The time has come again and we're here to celebrate the

8TH ANNIVERSARY OF POSETTEFOREVER !

Who can remember what happened on the 30th March of 8 years ago   ? (no cheating with the wayback machine   !!)

Oh well, I don't want to tell the same story every year , anyway I remember that I installed the site uploading the files with a dialup connection, at night, and that I waited long before buying the domain name, infact the name was Posetteforever but the site was http://www.posetteforever.100megs22.com ... The link was working for years even if we abandoned it, with a redirect to Posetteforever, but now it looks like 100megs22 is no more existing ...
I knew nothing of coding and nothing of how to administer a site and sure my inexperience had the cost of losing users.
I can only say that what I've learned is that is better to let the sand deposit on the seabed and think twice before taking whatever action, we could have more friends on the site now if I would have acted like that...

Anyway... There were a lot of little places like PF in the past, not many of them are still working, devoured by the big fishes. It looks to me that it's because they tried to take a slice of the market of the 3D industry and failed, while PF never was and never will be a place made to gain coins, and even if I toiled to find a mission to PF, today I can say that Posetteforever is made to share our friendship and our hobby.
It cheers me up whenever I find a "Hi" on the shoutbox   even if the day was hard, it's not like finding a message on facebook, it's more like in the CB era when I called on a frequency and someone replied   , and the saturday nights on the videochatroom chatting with friends from all around the world is something that adds a lot to my life  

It's time to talk of the future: who knows ? I can only say that a lot is changed for me during these years, and maybe a lot more will change but PF will be a fixed point.

I want to say "thank you" to everyone for being here and for your friendship

Now For the celebrations:

Kenny gave us the Intrepid T54
Andreas donated The 8th anniversary gift box

The usual Special Gallery is opened in the Album for a while, the theme is the Anniversary and the number 8

... And more than all of that: here is my usual handshake    

So....

LONG LIFE POSETTEFOREVER !

And now PARTY !!!

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: PosetteForever Is 8 Years Old !!!

#2  JanReinar 30 Mar 2011 00:04

Party!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#3  ahjah 30 Mar 2011 17:49

Eight, in numbers "8" years Posetteforever, but still a long way until eternity
It's a looong time nowadays. Many things change within this time, not so many things last this long. Relationships, my razor, my TV, my PC ... Eight years ago I didn't even have a cellphone, internet was 56k dial up, and Poser was version 3 on NT4 and a P-III 500  with 128MB RAM.
Yes, we've definitely come a long way, and I'm glad we're here, still.
The web has changed, too. A lot things work much better, more grown up,... and much too serious for my taste .
Posetteforever is a remain of the web as we thought it should be, way back     
Thank you my friends for making it a home, and thanks sooo much, Davide, for paying the bills

This is worth a celebration

Last edited by ahjah on 30 Mar 2011 17:49; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#4  Chromium 30 Mar 2011 19:05

Happy 8th anniversary PF.

Thanks to Tormie, and Posy, and all the gang, for keeping this place alive so that us late to party folk can enjoy the delights of PF.

I am glad to be amongst such a wonderful community of online friends.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#5  tda42 30 Mar 2011 20:09

Cromium it is people like you that breathes new life in the pages of this site. Another new person comes along and signs their name in the history books of this site embedding it forever. I am like Andreas and Davide with the memories.   (Of coarse Kenny had a HP with a 350 PIII and 92 mbs of memory with a 20 gig HD and a writer that wrote cds at 2x. But I remember when I had one before that with only a 166 Pentium and a 2 gig hard drive and 32 mb of memory.)   *Kenny thinks how high on the third floor the PC bounced when it hit the ground*   Anyway the memories don't fade and the friends still say Hi and that means a lot to me. So here is to you PF and friends. Davide tell Posy I love her and thank you my friend for making this the most special place on the Poser and 3D web.   

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910