Poser11 Pro .... A Big Jump From P4 !!

Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post Re: Poser11 Pro .... A Big Jump From P4 !!

#46  Chromium 15 Nov 2017 20:16

The fix is to save a notepad file called "Poser.txt", in your designated runtime folder, then rename that said same "Poser.txt", to "Poser.exe".  You can then point your DS installers to that runtime folder.  You can do that to each of your runtime folders that will have DS installers which call for a designated "Poser.exe" to be present.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

• Back to top Page bottom

#47  Nik 03 Dec 2017 14:58

I've got the hang of dual-mode self-installers; those dating from Poser versions WITH External Runtime support just need to be told that is DS and where to go.

Then I go through and strip out the DS stuff...

Those aimed at DS with a nod to Poser are a little trickier. I've a collection that must be converted with DSON etc, but haven't yet mustered the attention span...

For 'occupational therapy', I've been tidying files, transferring more 'finds' and 'funs' to master folder. Rather than clog the Poser Runtime, I'm keeping everything I can 'external', will pull in what I need as required.

Here's my current set-up...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#48  Nik 03 Dec 2017 15:33

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#49  Nik 03 Dec 2017 15:37

That's interesting...

post only displays left half of first piccy, no side-scroll bar, but a click pops it to full size.

second piccy has a scroll-bar !!

Hmm.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#50  ahjah 03 Dec 2017 21:58

The scoll-bar works for both pics at once...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#51  Nik 06 Dec 2017 16:31

I'm using Chrome, and only the second has a side-scroll bar...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#52  ahjah 06 Dec 2017 18:39

I have only one scroll-bar either, but it moves both pictures. Technically its a frame containing a separate embedded page with both pictures. Its very impractical, but I'm afraid I can't do anything about it. Its in the board's template code, and this is quite old ... way back, they had smaller pictures in mind, probably.

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#53  Chromium 07 Dec 2017 19:38

I'm the same as Ahjah, I see one scroll bar at the bottom of the two images, when scrolling it, only the bottom image appears to move... however it does move the top one but not to the same extent beyond the edge, as it does with the bottom one.  I'm of the opinion Nik, has this too, but does not realise the top image has moved at all.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

Post Virtual Archaeology !!

#54  Nik 09 Dec 2017 17:01

Consider it therapy...

I've been trawling my drives, unpacking decade-old .zip & .rar archives, trying to untangle the 'classic' files there-in.

Some have a 'proper' Runtime, even if that must be moved up a couple of levels to where the External Library system can find it.

Some are 'flat', with a ReadMe which explains what goes where. I copy in an 'empty' folder tree, create, then populate the Geometries' and libraries' sub-folders.

Some are rather more cryptic. I begin by firing up PhilC's wondrous PZ3editor Lite, which can also read CR2 & PP2. That usually lists the references and paths, often provides a clue to which figure.

But, some of the older files seem to be 'munged'. There's a non-ASCII character in position 8~~10 which blocks the editor loading the file. I still haven't figured out how that's done...

Plan_B is to open in Wordpad and scroll...

If I'm lucky, there's external geometry which R. Kawecki's free PropViewer 3.2 can open.  If unlucky, the external geometry has all the components in a central heap, often at different scalings...

Let's not discuss PCFs, which too-often refer to a figure version which is now unavailable...
===
Ooh, both ovens just bleeped: dinner is ready !!

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Not Exactly Freebies...

#55  Nik 17 Dec 2017 18:25

I've found several interesting free collections of hair and props on eg 'Deviant Art' site.

Upside, they include totally wild, Anime-styled stuff.

Props is props, you just have to texture them yourself, or adapt textures supplied. Hair may be scaled to fit, as we did for P3 & P4...

Downside, Poser cannot use them as-is; their mesh format is meant for MMD, 'MakoMakoDance', so comes as MMD's PMD and/or PMX format. The former type is what got me curious, as Poser uses the same suffix for a totally different purpose.

Happens I've a registered version of Zoltan Karpati's 3D Object Converter. This is NOT FREE. I bought it to mine LWO etc models, but discovered it cannot read LWO scenes. How do you know what you have ? Easy. 3DOC will open a single-object model.LWO, but not a multiple object scene.LWO. Poser analogy would be PZ2 vs PZ3...
{ Grumble, Grumble...}

But 3DOC can read most MMD meshes and export them as eg OBJ. Due regard for usage license etc...

I still haven't figured how to use MMD clothing but, converted to OBJ format, such may suit 'Dynamic'. That's yet another post-P4 feature lurking on my long, long CAD 'To-Learn' list...

Worst case, MMD clothes are low-poly models which would look good on rail-hangers or in background of scenes...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post MMD PMD/PMD Models And Their SPA/SPH Files...

#56  Nik 26 Dec 2017 22:46

Between bouts of ghastly melancholy, I've been investigating some of the MMD and other freebies.

Getting the mesh out of a PMD or PMX is fairly easy with my registered 3DOC. { Provided file not 'munged' !!} The textures are a different story. Like Poser, PM* objects have UV-mapped textures in recognisable formats. Like Poser, they also have auxiliary textures for transparency and reflections...

"The textures for .spa files are usually black and white, and the black will appear transparent. The darker an area is, the more transparent it will be. .sph files are often colored, and do not have the same transparency factor as .spa files do, and so usually appear darker."

Irfan View {free} did its usual magic and cheerfully announced that these .sp* files were incorrectly labelled BMPs. Sadly, 3DOC would not load a BMP when the PM* file asked for an SP*, so skipped that material's texture file, too. That left me with several un-textured OBJs.

After much Googling, I tracked down a {free} PMX editor with English menus. It also reads PMD files but, as yet, I cannot persuade it to *write* them.

After fumbling my way through the unfamiliar menus, I found where to edit textures. Changing eg metal1.sph to metal1.bmp for that dozen materials only took about ten minutes.

Re-saving the mesh as PMX, it now opened correctly. 3DOC exported it to OBJ + MTL, and some-one in the realm of Poser will soon have a very smart pair of boots.

I'll need to use boot-stretchers, of course, of course, as Asian sizes run small...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post MMD Conversion WIP

#57  Nik 26 Dec 2017 23:06

_mmd___fast_n__furious_bondage_boots_by_amiamy111-d60b84m

What 3DOC gave after fifteen (15) 'Missing Texture' warnings...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post And The Resulting OBJ+MTL...

#58  Nik 26 Dec 2017 23:09

Indistinguishable from original.

Now I just have to import this OBJ to Poser...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post And, 'scaled By Eye'...

#59  Nik 26 Dec 2017 23:26

Here's those boots beside Andy...

I imported them at 20% scale, turning them into 'pixie boots'. My bad. Re-scaled by eye...
Um. I think I've maxed out my PF file allowance for today.

Will try again tomorrow, hopefully with a better render...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#60  Nik 26 Dec 2017 23:29

Sorry, I'd clicked 'quick reply' by mistake...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Okay, don't everyone jump at once guiltypleasures Short Stories 3 12 Jul 2003 02:16 View latest post
Tormie

Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next