Subject: Topological Mesh Modeling
http://people.tamu.edu/~ergun/research/topology/download.html

quote:
TopMod is a manifold mesh modeling system that includes all the work presented in our Topological Mesh Modeling papers. Using TopMod, you can find a wide variety of ways to create high genus shapes; almost all subdivision algorithms, wide variety of ways to remesh shapes, new extrusions and more. TopMod reads and writes .obj files. Therefore, it is compatible with Maya and other software that accept obj files. The figures here show 3D shapes modelled with TopMod and printed with a rapid prototyping machine.
/

Upside, it is FREE, very clever, likes OBJ format, exports those with an MTL file.
Downside, it is rather complex, and the site that held its on-line manual is 404...

So far, I've managed to 'save as' its stock dodecahedron as OBJ+MTL...

Yeah, great start !!

---

I had a bad attack of the post-festive glums, such my body-clock is waaay off GMT and my wits run skew. Barely managed to finish the WIRS_4 sequel I was writing. Was googling for ideas for a #5 when I stumbled upon this geometry program...

Ooh, pretty toys !!
Then I noticed it had useful export options, flagged it for a check-back...
N

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Topological Mesh Modeling
It looks like an interesting program. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have been ported to macOS.

Thanks Nik. I grabbed it and had a quick look. Looks quite interesting, if used in conjunction with other modellers like Anim8or or Wings3D ... :mmmh: . Didn't notice it's off-line manual yet :sorry:

... just gave it a try, crashed on every single obj I tried to load.Triangulized or not... :mmmh:

That's, um, unfortunate...

Okay, I am fore-warned. When I get clear of my current writing 'jag', now a dozen quirky chapters into WIRS#5, I'll take a look with some free 3D utility programs and 3D Converter, see what they report.

Thank you.

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1