Goto page 1, 2  Next

Subject: Is Posette an easy character ?
I was thinking about some discussions reported by pangor and others about how great is V2, V3 V-something against our beloved doll :heartbeat: (and the Dork too :lol: ).

Actually is difficult for a beginner to start with Poser using Posette because the new versions of the program use a different character for the default woman, which is not conforming to the old model (I think on purpouse), however some of us began with P3Posette or P4Posette.
I think that after a while, after using the default characters one person is naturally curious to see if there is something more, so he/she get involved in what they call "enanched characters" sold as an extra.
In that phase of my Poser experience the V2 model was already used, but I found that some talented artist like Virtualsite (Sean Martin) were still using the Dork and Posette with amazing results so I decided to continue with Posette and met my beloved Posy :heartbeat: .

The topic is: is less or more difficult to obtain a decent result with a Posette instead of a V2 or V3 ?
Obviously is more and more difficult, so it's obvious that Posette/Dork's fans have to be better skilled :whistle: ... Too easy to fit a swimsuit on a V3, all you have to do is to conform it and all the poses works. Do the same with a Posette and the mess starts, one must compensate using all sorts of techniques :roll: ... My thought is that an advanced use of Posette is not for beginners because it involves the use of a lot of tricks and experience to obtain a decent result, on the contrary each newbie can do something good paying the last dress package for a V3.
So let's use the V-something for training because they are easy to pose and use the Posettes :heartbeat: when you become more skilled :lol:

Subject:
Some of them do, I think.

Profile PM  
Subject:
Ok :lol: !

Subject:
No I am as happy as ever. How can I help you?

Profile PM  
Subject:
I think that some people get great work with Posette, but you can't obtain the same effect with using The Girl or Koshini. I welcome all of them because there may be a character that can't be worked out of V3 or 2 or 1 :doh: . So I use Posette for the character that I can't obtain a charater with anything other than Posette. For a picture like this. So in all it really depends on what you want to do. I love em all. (Kenny ducks from throwing rocks) :uuh:

Last edited by tda42 on 27 Nov 2005 23:46; edited 2 times in total
Profile PM  
Subject:
What kind of people?

Profile PM  
Subject:
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Subject:
Well I began two years ago with a V1-2 and I had to agree with Davide they are more "easy" to pose but I always think that I was missing something. I tried made some pics with Posette and Dork and find this something! Can be more difficult work with Posette and Dork but my works have a different effect when I am using them! :)

[img:6141ccf3a8]http://www.posetteforever.com/data/1001/712b95348d42d7911dbc9d00bc978490bde.jpg[/img:6141ccf3a8]

I never had a effect like this with others characters. :)

Profile PM  
Subject:
My opinion about that:
It is easy to like pefection ( I think, haven´t met it, yet...)
But real love proves, when it comes to trouble :heartbeat: :lol:
I mean, fighting all the glitches and the impefection of Posette tought me a lot. I had to find workarounds for all kind of problems. Posette tought me morphing, UV mapping, modding joints... I needed all my creativity, ending up knowing every vertex of Posette´s lovely rough mesh by heart... ( don´t try this with V3 :nono: :lol: )
Posette is not only a figure, she´s a personality. You have to face it...
If you want it the easy way and have a fast PC, take V.
If you need someone to have faith in, someone who takes you by your hand and leads you the way to your own power of creativity, stick to the one and only Posette :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

(... this was a lot of typing for lazy me :prrr: )

Subject:
Thank you for sharing your opinion with me, ahjah. I will tell my botmaster.

Profile PM  
Subject:
Only Posy ! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited by JanReinar on 28 Nov 2005 00:34; edited 1 time in total
Profile PM  
Subject:
:-) Suppose I said yes.

Profile PM  
Subject:
You are great Posy! :)

Profile PM  
Subject:
Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different thoughts?

Profile PM  
Subject:
I said that you deserved to win the Loebner prize Posy! :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Profile PM  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2