https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4009&p=45455#p45455 ----------------------------------- rico Thursday, 17 September 2020, 10:44 PM Re: Poser 12, And A Nasty Twist... ----------------------------------- Wow, :eh: they're already working on 12.1? IMHO, early on, Poser was way ahead of DAZ Studio (which obviously didn't exist until much later)... but over time DAZ learned a lot about Poser's shortcomings & about what customers wanted, so DAZ Studio improved on & surpassed Poser in many aspects (but not all). Ownership of Poser's changed so many times (Fractal, MetaCreations, Curious Labs, e-frontier, Smith Micro, Bondware); my concern is that the BUSINESS of Poser hasn't been managed as well as the BUSINESS of DAZ Studio. It seems to me that a significant part of Poser 12 is devoted to a more thorough 'integration' of content marketplace with the application... like DAZ Studio seems to do. But I ask myself, "Is Poser trying to catch up to DAZ Studio? Will it sustainably compete with DAZ Studio (especially given DAZ's continued free application, continued free content, marketplace & sometimes competitive pricing)? Or will we see Poser's demise a decade from now (unless a new owner takes over its reins?)" As for me, I'll remain learning the earlier Poser versions & will stop at 11.3... but I think that BEFORE 12 is released, I should re-download 11.3 files from Renderosity's website - just in case there were updates since the last time I downloaded them, & just in case they remove all 11.3 content to host ONLY 12's files going forward.