https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4031&p=45583#p45583 ----------------------------------- Nik Monday, 01 March 2021, 03:16 PM Re: Just Curious: Why Is Poser 6 So Slow? ----------------------------------- IIRC, a lot of problems are due to bloat: models' mega-textures plus zillion morphs... Remember when we had 'lite' figures, allowing 'more than a few' in scene as-is ?? Likewise, the texture size and poly-count of props & sets has become 'WTF' ridiculous... Reached point where my CAD-Tower cannot render wide, 'middling complexity' scenes via its twin GPU cards. I've had to revert to a small window for fast 'reality check' renders, then switch to CPU and walk away... Time for 'Plan_B'... I've now got my new 'Networked Render Box' booted to Windows, but cannot yet persuade BOX, CAD-Tower and Win'10 workgroups to play nice together. Is known issue of Win'10 but, despite much calm advice on M$ help-pages, no reliable fix... Seemed daft, but cost me less to build BOX' Ryzen-7 (16 thread !!) system with 32 GB RAM and a cheap 'Office' GPU card for CPU-Only network rendering than significantly upgrade *either* of CAD-Tower's now-ageing GPU cards... { Facepalm... }