https://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4038&p=45603#p45603 ----------------------------------- Nik Saturday, 27 March 2021, 07:45 PM Re: My AC3D Trial Fortnight's Adventures... ----------------------------------- Spent several hours playing with the boolean tools... As yet, I've not found a way to take two 'bites' from an object and get what I want. Keeps producing 'not solids' with stray tris etc. I think my test objects --standard AC3D primitives-- need a lot more polys to keep them as 'solid objects' rather than becoming 'open' shells with fewer boolean options. Oh, and 'cutting tool' usually vanishes, so gotta remember to only use duplicates of those if may need again... Funny enough, this was a pain in TurboCAD, too, as the legacy 'basic' modelling engine used closed surfaces, think shells, but the advanced modeller, which used solids, was much less friendly... Oh, and yes, AC3D *will* read a texture-map call from an OBJ's MTL eg map_Kd 1_metal_rough.jpg but, so far, only for the first material it meets. Ignores rest. And only exports that one call. Okay if one (1) wrap-map invoked, such as my ray-gun example above, but I'll need to experiment with settings to see if have missed essential option beyond defaults.... Going to organise meal, then have another try.