A big failure

Page 1 of 1

Post A big failure

#1  erenda 14 Jan 2006 02:13

Since my parents allowed me to create my own bank account , they suggested it would be good for me to also make several commercial products and try to sell them , since "I'm wasting my time with this bullsh*t instead to study "international tourism" (I said it before and I'll say it now I DON'T WANT to study the so-called "tourism" this is not a real profession and I certanly don't have the "qualities" to become a waitress.) " . Of course I know I can't make anything which would actually worth something but I tried. So here's the result (look below) , I call it "The junk" , obvious why. The problem with this thing is that it have too much polygons and it's ugly. I decided to giva it for free but it's just huge! Really huge and probably will use lot of your memory. As for the details..they suck.

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  erenda 14 Jan 2006 02:15

And here is a closer look at the details...oh they really suck

erenda 

#3  erenda 14 Jan 2006 02:17

The junk's wireframe, if you think you can use it for something (which I doubt)PM me I'll try to compress it.

erenda 

#4  Tormie 14 Jan 2006 02:54

It's not bad for a free item but I'll never sell one of them, however I'm only able to build a cube or a square       so it's a well made prop for a first try, you can't ask too much from your first works.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  rayera 14 Jan 2006 04:24

I think it looks good and the details are nice, the materials are great; the problem is you modeled them and didn't use bump or displacement (this last much better) for them to reduce the poli count. What tood did you use for modeling? if I may ask, Rhino (or similar) or Zbrush models tend to be very hi poligon count if not handled with care. Like Tormentor, I'm not good modeling so I can not give you much advice, I trying my first steeps in modeling clothing in Wings3D Now before going to a better aplication, maybe next will be Blender, I hear a lot of good things about it.

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#6  melamkish 14 Jan 2006 04:45

Reminds me of a certain style of furniture, but since I don't study furniture, I can't place the style.  The fact that it has some classic design elements indicates that this piece of "junk" has potential    Approach it like your art.  Start with an idea (your rough model) and refine it into a masterpiece!

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#7  erenda 14 Jan 2006 04:59

I made it in Carrra's vertex modeller , Uv made in Uv mapper. I also tried to use Cinema 4D but since I don't know anything about it I made a BIG masse and now the Cinema's main menu is missind and I don't know how to make it appaer again. (Silly I know). I haven't study furniture too , maybe it is similar to some renaicansse style of furniture (don't know why exactly). Thanks for the nice words ,of course I will not sell it it's totaly free , if you want to struggle with the polygons.
BTW does someone know some tutorials how to make clothes in Cinema in case I succed to bring the maim menu back? I promise to make some free clothes for Posette.

erenda 

#8  pangor 16 Jan 2006 01:51

It is a very good first effort.  I hate to think of my first ones what they were like.  I am still having problems getting the items out of my modeling program into something else.  With s little work on the texture's finish it would look nice.  The polygon count, does look too big, many modeling programs will try to smooth your models too much, it is better to let teh rendering engine do that at render time.  When you create a new primitive, cube, sphere, be stingy on the number of vertex or subdivisions you will create it with.

pangor 

#9  Crimmy 04 Jun 2006 21:18

It is not too bad for a first try/ free item, erenda. It will make you more determined to succeed at other projects and one day you will be teaching other people !

us.png Crimmy Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 400
Lemons 246
hearts 15

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL