Bryce 5.01 from DAZ has errors!

Page 1 of 1

Post Bryce 5.01 from DAZ has errors!

#1  tda42 24 Apr 2006 06:02

I normally don't have a problem with this kind of stuff untill now. I will be posting a picture of a ship I have built in the album gallery shortly after posting this. I had built a bryce model of this ship. In total the ship has about 22 MBs of information and I have never had a problem till this day. I was finishing up on this ship buy putting the last assembly of models to some Bio Domes I had built on the ship. I was able to save the ship itself, but when I brought it up and put another model including trees a lake and ground with a platform to hold it, the model itself was finshed and ready to be saved again as a new model from the add on. I save it to the holding area of bryce and it seemed like all was going well and then I attempted to save it out of bryce and then the shock of an error from either bryce or Windows XP had popped up telling me that we are sorry for the inconveince and the software was shutting down and the data would probubly be lost. Also it wanted to send over the internet which the PC is not hooked up to, a message of the state bryce was in when bryce had the problem. What is funny is that when this gets this way it won't delete the models built before it. It just leaves a white box where it was. If any of you have heard of this and know of a fix either from DAZ or Microsoft please let me know. I have never seen this before and am bummed out of all the time it took to build this. About 32 hours.   Thank you for helping.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 24 Apr 2006 09:30

I'm very sorry Kenny, If I've not read wrong you lost your backup copy too, this is very bad   . I've never used bryce, but maybe you can have some suggestion from Harold, Wheelchair   .

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  melamkish 24 Apr 2006 11:58

Kenny,
I can sympathize with the loss of stuff. It has happened to me.

I have bryce 5.5, so not sure if this applies, but I had a similar problem a while back.  When I first got bryce, I also got Turbo Import for bryce and had all kinds of problems.  Turns out Turbo Import was for an earlier version of bryce and once I reinstalled bryce without installing Turbo Import, all my problems went away.

At the moment, I don't recall which version of bryce, TI was for, but will see it I can get more info.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#4  duttond 05 Jun 2006 11:36

I usually have much more problems with Poser 6 then I do with bryce 5.5.  The few problems I've had with going from Poser through DAZ Studio to bryce usually have to do with one of the programs botching up the textures (usually skin tones of characters) but I haven't found out which of them are doing it.

One of the things I have learned is to keep lots of things separate so, when something goes wrong, you only have to re-do part of it.  I have a couple of large cities I'm working on and, after I do one small section, I put a render of it onto a 2D sheet and use it as a backdrop - this keeps file size down, improves render time, minimizes losses from errors, etc.

blank.gif duttond Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 330
Lemons 289
hearts 0

#5  tda42 05 Jun 2006 21:21

Found out what was wrong. It appears the Trees when they are grouped together is when the error happens. They never fixed it in bryce 5.01 and they never fixed it in 5.5 as well. So if you have bryce then better get use to the idea that it will happen and this is Daz's way of saying we fixed it in bryce 6. Thank you by the way.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910